Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Where is everyone getting the shims? I ordered a set off Ebay but they sent me the wrong size I.D. I would like to locate some so I can put my quad back together.
Thanks you in advance

·
Super Moderator
8,134 Posts
Dalton offers clutch kits and should offer the shims as well. Maybe check them out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
So I finally installed my shims.I added 1.5mm along with a new belt. I took it for a test drive around the block and I don't know that I'm feeling any extra power or torque. With stock tires I was expecting it to pull a wheelie or something. Should I be able to notice. I'm not positive that the belt isn't slipping. Any comments will be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
8,134 Posts
Does the belt look worn or damaged at all..?

·
Super Moderator
8,134 Posts
I think there is a mild break in period, but nothing that should effect your performance right off hand. Your bike a 750..?

·
Super Moderator
8,134 Posts
O.k, hang with me here. I'm trying my best to help you out, unfortunately I'm limited in knowledge on the CVT type drive atv's. Have you ever done a thorough cleaning on your primary and secondary clutch..? Dirty clutches rob performance and may cause the belt to slip.

·
Super Moderator
8,134 Posts
Well, unfortunately i know almost nothing about clutch kits and only know a handful of troubleshooting techniques for the CVT type drive system. And sir, you've pretty much thought of everything i could think of, lol. I'd almost ask if you have a service manual but i don't think that would help.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Did you order a clutch kit or just shim the OEM parts? If you ordered a kit contact the manufacturer of the kit, most reputable firms have some sort of support.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just shimmed the OEM. I'm installing bigger tires next. Just wanted more torque and power to turn a set of big exacutioners.

·
Super Moderator
8,134 Posts
You may of had to do a proper clutch kit including the shims. I know there are different weight rollers that you can install as well which may of made a difference. Either way, I would maybe try calling a reputable firm as oldeerslayer suggested, they would know more.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts