Suzuki ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a mint LTF250 Quadrunner that I was thinking of converting to 4WD, can this be done? I Have a LT4WD parts quad that has everything necessary to convert, front diff, driveshaft, speedo assembly and shifter assembly. Has anyone done this before?

·
Administrator
8,986 Posts
You may be able to, but i can't say for sure. There are probably many variables to consider that might come in to play such as mounting locations, shifter assemblies, cable routing proper front axles, etc. Again, i can't really help you here. But maybe someone else with more experience will chime in and give their thoughts.

·
Registered
134 Posts
first off. what year? are they the same year? i have a 92 and an 01 250. they are exactly the same thing EXCEPT front end frame section and the 4wd has a propeller shaft inside the block. the 2wd does not. you would have to switch the motors. the steering shaft is different lengths also. i have put the entire plastic , racks , handlebar assemblies rear a arms and tires . speedo from the 01 4wd to the 92 2wd.

·
Registered
835 Posts
you can do it as long as you have the wallet, know how, and drive to do it. ive done crazy stuff to sleds, quads, and trikes. its never cheap or easy to do. but if your anything like me you wont let hard work stop you.

so yes it can be done.

·
Registered
25 Posts
first off. what year? are they the same year? i have a 92 and an 01 250. they are exactly the same thing EXCEPT front end frame section and the 4wd has a propeller shaft inside the block. the 2wd does not. you would have to switch the motors. the steering shaft is different lengths also. i have put the entire plastic , racks , handlebar assemblies rear a arms and tires . speedo from the 01 4wd to the 92 2wd.
Gatorsalad, you seem like the man to ask, I have a 89 LTF 250 2WD, Can I get plow set up for this quad and if so is it the same parts that would go on the 4WD model? Cant find 2wd specific plow parts but I can find 4wd and would love to know if they would bolt right on to mine. thanks

·
Registered
134 Posts
everything from the neck back is exactly the same. the front section it totally different, you would have to cut the frame on the 2 wd and 4wd front section and weld them back together to get 4wd on a 2wd frame. i have a 4wd just sitting and drive a 2wd because of this. the best case scenario is to split the case of both engines and add the prop shaft to the 2wd block and then install it on the 4wd frame. unless you can chop and weld it properly.(or have it done)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just curious about putting a plow meant for the 4wd model on a 2wd model with not having a new project on my hands, mines staying 2wd. Thanks for your input.

·
Administrator
8,986 Posts
if I were you I would not it hurts the frame and lowers the price of the ATV
Please do not reply to threads older then a year old as these types of threads are considers dormant/inactive for a few reasons. Those reasons and everything else pertaining to the Forum can all be found within the Forum Ruies. So if you haven’t done so already, I highly recommend brushing up on these rules so there’s no further misunderstanding. And welcome to the Forum.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts