Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 king quad 300. I want to do a compression test. Does anyone have access to a manual to see what the specs are. I’m guessing 130-140. But need help confirming what the range is. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
normal....142-199
min of 114

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just tested and got about 162. I did the test with the engine cold. Does it make any difference if it is tested after the engine has been warmed up?

·
Super Moderator
7,603 Posts
Just making sure. But make sure you are testing holding the throttle wide open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. Yes. I did do it with the throttle wide open. I read somewhere that is what you want to do. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Sounds like you do not have a problem to me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update. So I decided to check the compression after the engine was warmed up and hot. Compression was 135. A few weeks ago when I originally checked it when the engine was cold the compression was 165. Is it normal for the compression to decrease after the motor was warmed up? What’s the true compression?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Update. So I decided to check the compression after the engine was warmed up and hot. Compression was 135. A few weeks ago when I originally checked it when the engine was cold the compression was 165. Is it normal for the compression to decrease after the motor was warmed up? What’s the true compression?
Yes. I know on snowmobiles compression goes down when warmed up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts