Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the clutch on my 1992 quad runner 250 could be going, when taking off in high then I have to rev it quite hard to start moving and it feels like it’s riding on the clutch, once it does grip then it never gives any more bother and it changes gears perfectly. Taking off in low or super low seems perfect aswell.

I’m wondering if it is worth replacing the clutch now since I have the engine out anyway to do the piston rings so thought it might be an idea to do the clutch now whilst it’s torn apart anyway, any advice?

·
Super Moderator
7,695 Posts
Have you tried simply adjusting the clutch..? In most cases a adjustment is all that is required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Clutches are easy and cheap on these. Especially if you have the motor out. Spend the $30 on eBay and fix it right.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Personally I'd just change the clutch while the engine is out. It's cheap enough insurance. It's better than tearing it apart twice.

Last fall i bought a clutch with gasket for my 2000 quadrunner 250 4x4. Ebc clutch
Moose gasket. It was $72.90 with shipping . I found cheaper clutches but this is what i went with.

Not terribly difficult to do. If you don't have a service manual you should get one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the responses, I’ll take the general advise of do it while the engines out, don’t see the point in putting it off any longer. Thanks ??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts