Suzuki ATV Forum banner

Clutch Modification Question. Will this work???

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  ajl719 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I just bought a 2005 King Quad 700 and am new to the forum. Love the machine but I would like to get some more low end power.

After reading up on it, the shim kit sounds like a popular modification. I have also seen guys do lighter weights(18gram) or a stiffer secondary spring with the shims but haven’t read about anyone doing all 3 things.

I went ahead and bought the shim kit, 18gram epi roller weights, yellow epi spring.

Should all these mods work pretty well together and has anyone else done this setup? If so, what kind of increased performance did you experience?

#4 ·
I am not a CVT expert i just bought my KQ750 a few months ago and i am trying to learn the CVT myself. I know running shims will lower top speed. But i regularly get mine up to 68mph and i would like to install a tuner to get it up to a little over 70. Most people dont ride that fast so they dont mind shims. But I decided to have my sheave machined and i think it's about $200 but it also includes lighter weight rollers if i remember right. So you get a lower first gear for better low end power and you get to keep your original top speed. This video might help with the rollers, i have no idea about the springs.

#6 ·
If you want the best results the Coop3 mod is probably the best way to go. If running larger tires the Coop3 mod pretty restores all performance. If not running larger tires you’ll most likely feel some performance gains. Best person to ask about the Coop3 mod is our resident expert Glenlivet. He’s pretty much not a active member on the Forum anymore. Though I’m sure if you look him up he’d be able to answer any and all questions you have regarding this mod.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.