Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to four wheeling and have a stupid question concerning clutch kits. Are clutch kits for automatics, manual shifts, or both??? I know it sounds stupid, but like I said I'm new to this. my seven year old got me into it. I recently purchased a 2003 Suzuki Vinson F500F that is going to need new tires. I want to put 27" Maxxis Zillas on it and don;t know if I need to do any modifications due to the bigger tires (I've read that the 27" tires run closer to 26" and my Vinson currently has 25" tires).

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
No your fine, unless your going to put silverbacks on there. Bigger tires are fine, just depends on what type of riding you do. As tires get bigger they get heavier, until you notice a problem, or your trying to completely bury it, don't worry. Now, with that said, if you plan on serious, or semi-serious, mudding, 27-28 inch tires, depending on tire and tread, you should put a kit in it, remember mud adds weight, and it puts a strain on the clutch. the kit is a little insurance your not doing major work later. Rider responsibility and common sense is the best guide.....

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
They make clutch kits for both.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts