Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out for a deep snow ride, about 1 1/2 hr pushing 2 - 3 ft drifts. lol great fun. on my way home I looked down to see the dreaded chec on lcd display. I did not find this in error codes and thought I may have been seeing things, I let bike cool down and fired back up great, I then went over it checking all fluid and air. air filter was pretty bad so I cleaned it best I could. since then rode a few times and im thinking valves need adjustment slight tapping sound but all in all bike runs and starts great. oh ya im not crazy,i saw a youtube vid where guy shows off some type of coop+3 mod on 450 king and when he hit about 100khm I seen his display the same thing but only for a second or two.? what does this meen CHEC could I possibly of over heated or air constickted enough to send message or would they not come up a different code

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Coops # 3 Mod, 450 KingQuad.mov this is the vid I referd to flashes chec a few times

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
From my 07-09 450 manual:

“CHEC”: The LCD panel indicates “CHEC” when no communication signal from the ECM is received for 3
seconds.
For Example
: The ignition switch is turned ON, and the engine stop switch is turned OFF. In this case, the combination
meter does not receive any signal from ECM, and the panel indicates “CHEC”.
If CHEC is indicated, the LCD does not indicate the trouble code. It is necessary to check the wiring
harness between ECM and combination meter couplers.
The possible cause of this indication is as follows;
Engine stop switch is in OFF position. Ignition fuse is burnt.

NOTE:
If the engine stop switch is turned OFF while the ignition switch
is ON, the LCD displays “CHEC”. But it is not a malfunction.
This condition implies that combination meter receives no signal
from the ECM.
In that case, they are restored to normal indication by turning the
engine stop switch to “A” (RUN) position.

·
Registered
8 Posts
From my 07-09 450 manual:

“CHEC”: The LCD panel indicates “CHEC” when no communication signal from the ECM is received for 3
seconds.
For Example
: The ignition switch is turned ON, and the engine stop switch is turned OFF. In this case, the combination
meter does not receive any signal from ECM, and the panel indicates “CHEC”.
If CHEC is indicated, the LCD does not indicate the trouble code. It is necessary to check the wiring
harness between ECM and combination meter couplers.
The possible cause of this indication is as follows;
Engine stop switch is in OFF position. Ignition fuse is burnt.

NOTE:
If the engine stop switch is turned OFF while the ignition switch
is ON, the LCD displays “CHEC”. But it is not a malfunction.
This condition implies that combination meter receives no signal
from the ECM.
In that case, they are restored to normal indication by turning the
engine stop switch to “A” (RUN) position.
I have the chec on my screen, also I'm getting spark to the plug without using the start button, seems like it is getting a charge from somewhere

·
Super Moderator
664 Posts
I have the chec on my screen, also I'm getting spark to the plug without using the start button, seems like it is getting a charge from somewhere

I was suggesting to use the link I sent you to this thread for research. You aren’t likely to get a reply from here. This thread is over five years old

1 - 9 of 9 Posts