Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 1987 Suzuki quadrunner 4 by 4 and it's got a high performance 250 carburetor it was running fine for over a year I took the carburetor off because it started flooding and I cleaned it put it back on it still flooding flooding bad enough it's coming out of the motor exhaust why and please show me the hose diagram again it's a 250 high performance carburetor

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got a 1987 Suzuki quadrunner 4 by 4 and it's got a high performance 250 carburetor it was running fine for over a year I took the carburetor off because it started flooding and I cleaned it put it back on it still flooding flooding bad enough it's coming out of the motor exhaust why and please show me the hose diagram again it's a 250 high performance carburetor
It's actually a 1987 Suzuki quadrunner 230 4x4 but a year ago I ordered a high performance carburator and it's 250

·
Registered
2000 quadrunner 250 4x4
174 Posts
Replace needle and seat, make sure float is not leaking and is adjusted correctly.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Dang, that whole paragraph was 1 sentence. Anyway, sounds like your float in the carb. It controls the amount of fuel allowed to flow from the fuel tank by floating jup, and closing an orifice when the fuel gets too high. If they're cracked, not set right or the float valve is damaged, you'll flood the carb with gasoline.
Think of the water tank in your toilet; how does it know when to stop filling up with water? Same with a carb.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts