Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I need help trying to adjust my carb. When you first start it it runs great. Then it puts black soot on the end of every spark plug. Everyone I talk to says it's getting to much fuel.

·
Super Moderator
8,268 Posts
Yes, a sooty plug means your running to rich, (To Much Fuel). What year/model Suzuki are we talking about..? And welcome to the Forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, a sooty plug means your running to rich, (To Much Fuel). What year/model Suzuki are we talking about..? And welcome to the Forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AJ - I am working on a 2000 right now... My issue is the same as the OP up top... It is fat and runs great for a few minutes then at WOT it sputters and falls on its face. I have tried moving the needle E-Clip up one notch and it had no effect.
This carb is rebuilt all brand new jets. Is this a jetting issue? I didn't change the float height or anything. Only change there was new seat and valve.

Thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
AJ - I am working on a 2000 right now... My issue is the same as the OP up top... It is fat and runs great for a few minutes then at WOT it sputters and falls on its face. I have tried moving the needle E-Clip up one notch and it had no effect.
This carb is rebuilt all brand new jets. Is this a jetting issue? I didn't change the float height or anything. Only change there was new seat and valve.

Thank you
Also, is is a 2000 ltf 250f Quadrunner 4x4... Sorry should have clarified.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Also, is is a 2000 ltf 250f Quadrunner 4x4... Sorry should have clarified.
You need to LOWER the needle if you think you're rich, not raise the needle (controls mid throttle). Get a smaller main jet; maybe 2 sizes smaller (controls full throttle). Also, make sure your air filter isn't fully restricted. Get a hotter plug too. Make sure the choke isn't stuck open. Try running it with the fuel cap cracked open.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You need to LOWER the needle if you think you're rich, not raise the needle (controls mid throttle). Get a smaller main jet; maybe 2 sizes smaller (controls full throttle). Also, make sure your air filter isn't fully restricted. Get a hotter plug too. Make sure the choke isn't stuck open. Try running it with the fuel cap cracked open.
Thank you! What I was trying to say was that buy raising the e-clip it does in-fact lower the needle. I will get a few jets to try.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts