Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Suzuki Quadrunner LT-F250F 4x4
VIN#JSAAJ50A5Y2102363 I'm not sure on the year I believe its a 2000 Model Y
Its in need of a carb but the OEM its to expensive, so my question is there any place to buy one cheaper, either used or a knock off carb

·
Registered
85 Posts
eBay. I personally would go with a used unit for around $110, but they have "new" knock offs for around $40, for which I have seen mixed reviews. Will it run with one? Most likely. Will it run as well as a used unit, (assuming there is nothing wrong with it)? Not a chance.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
FYI , there is no reason to need a new carb unless it is physically broken. You can bring it back to original specs with a good carb kit and a good cleaning.

Most do not have any luck with cheap aftermarket carbs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Suzuki Quadrunner LT-F250F 4x4
VIN#JSAAJ50A5Y2102363 I'm not sure on the year I believe its a 2000 Model Y
Its in need of a carb but the OEM its to expensive, so my question is there any place to buy one cheaper, either used or a knock off carb

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would lean towards rebuilding the old one. I bought a cheap one online and now it won't run correctly. Looks like I am going to get a rebuild kit and redo my old one and put it back on. No fun getting the 30 year old rubber boot back off and on again.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Chinese "replacements" are garbage. I bought a genuine Mikuni VM30 for my LT-250 and it's perfect! You'll need to drill and tap a vacuum port for your petcock/fuel pump... but at $60 for a genuine part I cant complain. You will also need a boot from a 1987 to go from the carb to the airbox... or fab up something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts