Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 King Quad 400 strictly for deer hunting and plowing snow on the driveway. I absolutely love it, it goes anywhere, and does a great job on my huge driveway in 4WD Low.

My only complaint is the exhaust is kind of loud at 4:30 AM when I'm easing to the deer stand. I'd love to be able to walk to it, just going back to retrieve the KQ for deer removal from the woods, but my disability won't permit that any longer. I'm also concerned that the deer are alerted much more than need be with it. I travel as slow as possible to keep the noise to a minimum.

Is there an exhaust solution that might quiet it down perhaps to a decible level of a car? Or would the additional backpressure cause all manor of obnoxious things like stalling, hard starting, lag and/or hesitation?:|

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
There are after market mufflers that connect to the end of the muffler and are made for exactly what you are saying.....Just google it.....Maybe atv hunting mufflers....there are many brands making them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the information TCIII! I figured I'd be looking at an entire new exhaust system and a corresponding reduction in power at the very least. This may be what I am hoping for.:yeahbaby01:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts