Suzuki ATV Forum banner

Broken sensor?

10K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Nj8059 
#1 ·
Can anybody tell me what this wire is for that goes into the left side of the engine on a 2007 King Quad 450.
It looks like it leads to a sensor at the bottom of the engine and its been broken for a couple of years because the side cover is missing so it got hit and broke so we haven't fixed it but I'm just wondering what it does so that it can be fixed if needed. Also if you know what it is and can send me a link to where a replacement one is then that would be great.
I'll take a better picture of it tomorrow and post it, but for now thats the picture I got of it.

See less See more
#4 ·
So if anyone can help me find a replacement sensor that would be really helpful.

#6 ·
Can anyone tell me why no trottle but start easy awful amount of smoke (gas) erratic idle try is the fire perfect then nothing but misfire after that and then tries to fire perfect couple fireballs Everything to do with fuel has been replaced CDI coil other electrical components

#8 ·
So how do you replace the Speed sensor. It looks like all I have to do is take an allen wrench and unscrew the bolt then pull the sensor out and replace it.

#10 ·
So does anybody know where I could find a replacement sensor?

#11 ·
#12 ·
Thanks, I didn't even think of looking at transmission in the parts diagram.

#13 · (Edited)
I replaced the sensor and in case anyone was wondering yes oil comes out of the hole so ether do an oil change and then after the oil is drained replace it or just be ready to quickly put the new sensor in so you don't lose your oil.
I got a new side cover for my 750 that has a dipstick hole and I put the old side cover without the dipstick hole on my 450 so that way hopefully we won't brake the speed sensor again.