Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have almost 12.0 hours now on my 2019 KQ 750. And according to the owners manual it said not to pass half throttle for the first 10 hours. When I first picked up my quad I noticed it already had 1.0 hour on it. So I waited an extra hour before opening it up. I decided at 11.8 hours while out riding with the wife this evening that it was as safe enough to attempt it. Can say it’s the first time I’ve gone 100 kph on an atv before. I actually hit 102 but immediately backed off as to not stress the engine to much. Sure, I’m probably being overly cautious. But that’s just me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
After I did the math to make that velocity (100 kph) in to something I'm a bit more familiar, 62 mph is nothing to sneeze at. I think that's about what my (broken) 2008 750 KQ did out of the box with stock tires on it. The neat part is how quickly it gets there! Acceleration is king (at least it's what causes the problems on the slow down part if things get out of hand).

·
Super Moderator
7,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, it gets up to speed pretty quick. I was actually pretty impressed. I’m not a huge speak freak, never was. Guess that’s just me. I doubt I’ll be hitting 100 (62 Mph) all that often. And yeah, I wouldn’t want things to get squirrelly at those speeds. I mostly like the low end power/torque. Enough to power my way up a sand hill or through a mud hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts