Suzuki ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Have you tried using a press? I've used it on tough beads.

·
Registered
5 Posts
In Australia, we have a gadget called "Tyrepliers". I use them for fixing my Land Cruiser wheels when I'm out in the bush. Google them, and you may have something similar locally. Otherwise, you may be able to put something together like them. Good luck!

·
Registered
356 Posts
On my Kingquad 300's, the front tires are easy to do with a cheap manual Harbor Freight tire machine. The rears are always extremely tight, I have to take them to a tire shop, the new tires are very difficult to impossible to get past the bead, even if you take a chance and put 50 PSI in them. Often the tire shop will give them to me without seating the beads all the way. When I catch them they say they will seat after I run them awhile, which is not true. I'm riding one of them with incompletely seated rear tire beads.

Silicone spray seems to be a better bead lubricant than what tire shops use.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just reading this thread looking for ideas for breaking the bead, because I can't get mine off, but saw your problem above Dook. Last time I took one of mine to the tyre guy, the tyre was in such bad conditioned he could not inflate it high enough to seat the bead. I said leave it, I'll find a way, and when I got it home I hit it with a big rubber mallet, many times, each time it moved a tiny bit, and eventually they jumped into place. I know this thread is old, so your issue is no doubt solved, but maybe my 'Heath Robinson' method will help someone and perhaps worth mentioning?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts