Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'm trying to decide what type of atv mirror my 2000 King Quad 300 4x4 should get.

See the two attachments for ideas where I am leaning. On the end of the handlebar or in the dedicated mount on the handlebar. Brand and where you purchased...:unsure:

Suggestions and recommendations are needed here!!

Thanks,
biz
:confused:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,717 Posts
I have something very similar to the ATV mirror 2.jpg you have listed. For me these mirrors would be the best over the first choice only because the others extend past the handlebars. For me this would cause tight squeeze scenarios and may break or throw the mirrors out of adjustment if you were to hit a tree or a solid object going down a tight trail with them. As for the others, they sit inside the bars where contact from objects is less likely to happen.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
#2 Agree with ajl719

·
Registered
184 Posts
The first one looks pretty nice but as said above the second one is probably the most practical choice.

Tony

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. Yeah...I tend to agree also.

So...anybody have a brand they would recommend?? :wink:

biz
:)

·
Registered
184 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,717 Posts
Not sure what brand mine are. The only thing i know is that i bought them through my dealership. At the time i never really paid much attention to brand as i was looking for a quick replacement after i had flipped my King and broke the previous ones.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the comments and suggestions!! Really appreciate it...

So...does anybody know the size our King Quad uses on the OEM location where the mirror installs??

I've seen 8mm or 10mm or etc.??:confused:

Thanks,

biz
:eek:

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
My 2001 KQ is 10mm

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My 2001 KQ is 10mm

Nice!! I'm sure they are the same as the 2000 KQ's. Thanks for the info...

The cool part...is that there are so many different options that a person is bound to find the right ones for there application!!

biz
:wink:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi all. I'm trying to decide what type of atv mirror my 2000 King Quad 300 4x4 should get.

See the two attachments for ideas where I am leaning. On the end of the handlebar or in the dedicated mount on the handlebar. Brand and where you purchased...:unsure:

Suggestions and recommendations are needed here!!

Thanks,
biz
:confused:
I think Kolpin makes hand guards that have a mirror on the end of them. It looked to be a nice idea since you get hand guards and mirrors at the same time. Same company that makes the gun boots. I saw it the other day and if I see it again I will post it. It may be another company but I think it was Kolpin.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think Kolpin makes hand guards that have a mirror on the end of them. It looked to be a nice idea since you get hand guards and mirrors at the same time. Same company that makes the gun boots. I saw it the other day and if I see it again I will post it. It may be another company but I think it was Kolpin.

Oh yeah...I've seen those. Look like a quality product. Thanks for the suggestion.

biz

·
Registered
230 Posts
I got these cheap mirrors off Amazon, and they have worked well. The mirrors come with both 8mm and 10mm adapter threads. For the 10mm, there are two different sets. 1 of them is clockwise thread, which is what I needed, and the other counter clockwise thread, which would be used with Yamaha products from what I understand.

They look good, are cheap, and get the job done. Hope this helps.

Amazon.com: Motorcycle KOSO Diamond Rearview Mirror Black: Automotive

·
Registered
716 Posts
I take the completely different position.
My mirror is exactly like that first one, oriented standing with the mirror's fat end upward. They adjust.
I've had plenty of the 10MM hole mirrors and had nothing but trouble. The only thing I can see in them is my own shoulder unless I roll it out of the way and their stiff mount is prone to breaking. The bar end mirror I have on the other hand, is awesome. I can see perfectly behind me and although you don't see it very well in that picture the vertical stem rotates in or out and click-locks every 45 degrees, so I can pull it in toward the center a click when branches start getting tight.
If on the other hand it does get whacked when it is standing up then it just rotates around in its bar mount, that's just an internal expanding friction fit tightened by an allen head bolt in the end of the bar. Nothing breaks and I can just push it back up where it was when it's convenient. I wouldn't have another solid mount mirror if you gave it to me. I already know what my shoulder looks like. :D

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you all for your comments and suggestions.

So...I went with the upright mount mirrors for my King Quad 300. I'm hoping they will be good quality.

This is what they looked like in the product site. Also...here is the description given...

Mirror said:
Product Description

Set of rear view mirrors fits most ATV's or Four Wheelers: •3" (H) x 5" (W) mirror faces. •Set of two mirror faces, two upright arms, and two handle bar mounts. •Easy to install with OEM style bracket to mount to your handle bar. •Mirror heads mount to the upright arms via a heavy duty ball socket that allows quick and easy adjustment. Don't worry, the adjustment will stay in place at all speeds and conditions. •Durable mirrors for all terrains. •Will not vibrate! •Be safe and be able to see what is going on behind you. •Please make sure that you have room to mount these mirrors via the brackets that clamp onto your handlebars. The clamps will require 7/8" spacing. •Clamps fasten quickly to the handle bars with two clamps with two bolts. Takes only a few minutes to install. Please see the pictures. •Mirror upright arms measure 5.5" long.

biz

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
I got these cheap mirrors off Amazon, and they have worked well. The mirrors come with both 8mm and 10mm adapter threads. For the 10mm, there are two different sets. 1 of them is clockwise thread, which is what I needed, and the other counter clockwise thread, which would be used with Yamaha products from what I understand.

They look good, are cheap, and get the job done. Hope this helps.

Amazon.com: Motorcycle KOSO Diamond Rearview Mirror Black: Automotive

I like the look of those and for $26 shipped I think I may buy a set.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I just bought one at Walmart in the ATV section,Coleman makes it 20 dollars and it fit great,you can mount it on the front rack or the handle bars,I will post pictures when i get back home.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you all for your comments and suggestions.

So...I went with the upright mount mirrors for my King Quad 300. I'm hoping they will be good quality.

This is what they looked like in the product site. Also...here is the description given...

biz

Here is a quick UPDATE:

The mirrors performed perfectly!! I was riding some hard rock trails along with forest service roads...and they did great!! Really happy with them...

biz
:laugh::wink:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts