Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gotta 93 quad runner that’s a wiring night mare, now I can get the dash lights on and what not but it’s missing the start button light switch and so on, also the cdi, well I got
a cheap cdi till mine comes in and i can jump the solenoid but no spark, I’ll take some pics maybe you guys can clear this up or lease try, thanks

·
Super Moderator
584 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, I’m not the guy to answer your question. Hopefully, someone who is experienced with your model will jump in and give you the answers you need.

Luckily we have more than a few people with the knowledge to help you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, I’m not the guy to answer your question. Hopefully, someone who is experienced with your model will jump in and give you the answers you need.

Luckily we have more than a few people with the knowledge to help you.
I’m slowly workin through it but I’d just loke
I know what it is suppose to look like, lol

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
The two wires hanging down by the head are for an optional brake light and are normally not hooked up to anything.
Not much help but eliminates those two.

Reactions: Nn90

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The two wires hanging down by the head are for an optional brake light and are normally not hooked up to anything.
Not much help but eliminates those two.
Honestly a few pictures of here and there may be able to CDI in one out the wiring harness how it should be would help a lot, there’s an orange and a black striped white wire down by your right leg that confuse me still

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
"there’s an orange and a black striped white wire down by your right leg that confuse me still "
That's the ones for the optional brake light. Sorry for the confusion. I see there are more than those wires by the head in that pic.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey welcome to the forum and welcome to the club. It looks about like mine. you may want to try and find out if it is in fact the correct wiring harness for your ride. I have a 90 LT250, that has what I am beginning to believe is an artic cat harness and parts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey welcome to the forum and welcome to the club. It looks about like mine. you may want to try and find out if it is in fact the correct wiring harness for your ride. I have a 90 LT250, that has what I am beginning to believe is an artic cat harness and parts.
I believe it is its
Just missing everything... it’s a mess

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bad ass, that should help a lot, now does yours have the 6 prong cdi or individuals wires I need to see where things go on the 6 pin, believe mine was the wire by wire one... thanks man

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That’s how mine is supposed to be, I had a cheap cdi work on a jet ski and another quad so I got the cheapo to try before the 100$ one and it’s the other style plug

·
Registered
7 Posts
Are you able to cut the connectors and splice in new ones? If so, just make sure they are waterproof connectors. Or can you not tell what the color coding is on the new one?

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you have a multimeter, another thing you’ll want to check is if you have continuity from one end to the other of your wiring. That’s how I found out the wiring harness that runs over the top-front of the gas tank (from the stator to the CDI) had been chewed by mice.. which also fixed my no spark issue.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts