Suzuki ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. New to forum. Bought the wrong battery and didn't notice hook ups were on opposite ends. Turned 750 king quad over. Then everything went dead. Now new battery. Fuses good. None blew. Have no power at all. Nothing on dash. Winch won't work either. Where to start? Thanks. And yes. I feel like an idiot.

·
Super Moderator
1,047 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Please post the year of your machine.

My biggest fear is that the ECU was damaged. That won't stop your winch from working. Sounds like a main fuse in the line. I'm not sure how your winch is wired. Did the ignition key need to be on for it to run?

We need to get more info to be sure.

·
Super Moderator
1,047 Posts
Hi. New to forum. Bought the wrong battery and didn't notice hook ups were on opposite ends. Turned 750 king quad over. Then everything went dead. Now new battery. Fuses good. None blew. Have no power at all. Nothing on dash. Winch won't work either. Where to start? Thanks. And yes. I feel like an idiot.

BTW, don't feel like an idiot. It happens much more frequently than most people aware. Especially on automotive applications. Batteries are made in "F" designations. Those F batteries have the terminals reversed. I have seen plenty of cases were a 24F was mistakenly installed for a 24. That goes for homeowners , car enthusiast and mechanics , sadly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2017. Yes key had to be on for the winch to work. I pulled the main 30 amp fuse and replaced it and still nothing. Nothing lights up on the dash. I have power to the winch solenoid and other areas near the battery.
Thanks for responding.

·
Super Moderator
1,047 Posts
2017. Yes key had to be on for the winch to work. I pulled the main 30 amp fuse and replaced it and still nothing. Nothing lights up on the dash. I have power to the winch solenoid and other areas near the battery.
Thanks for responding.
I don’t have a wiring diagram for yours. Perhaps another member will join in that has a diagram, access to one, or has specific knowledge of your model and the fix.

Absent of that, I would begin by tracing the battery positive wire from the connection at the battery. You need to see where you have power, and where it stops. You could jump around to the easy spots and check, that is another option. See if you have power at the key switch.

Trace the positive wire, check the ignition switch and let us know what you see. Also, look for any melted wires, stick your head in and sniff. Your nose and eyes are going to be your friend on this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Back again. Fixed.
Found the small mini 30 amp fuse under the solinoid blown. New fuse and fixed. Very thankful that's what it was. Thanks 1960 for your help.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Good news......you got lucky

·
Super Moderator
1,047 Posts
Back again. Fixed.
Found the small mini 30 amp fuse under the solinoid blown. New fuse and fixed. Very thankful that's what it was. Thanks 1960 for your help.
Glad it worked and happy you didn’t fry anything else.

Good news......you got lucky
I hope he knows just how lucky he got !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts