Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning, I think my 2017 is already pre-wired for back up lights. Has anyone installed them and which lights would you recommend? I would prefer small and out of the way since I pull a trailer much of the time. Thanks.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I went with 2 4" LED pods on mine and mounted them to the brake light bracket. My 400asi is prewired and my lights come on when shifted into reverse. On mine if you are looking under from behind the machine on the left side there was a bundle of 6 or so wires tucked up in there with bullet connectors already on them. I can look tonight because i can't remember which 2 wires it is but the pair for backup lights is in that bundle.

At first I thought about using just 1 but had a pair so put them both on and am very happy with it. In this picture you can just the wiring bundle you are looking for just behind the lights off to the left, its tucked up in there beside the spot for the battery.

I just took a drill bit and opened up the 2 holes closest to the brake light a bit so the bolts on the pods fit in. It was close enough to the factory wiring i didn't even have to add any wire to the pigtails on them.

I bought a 4 pack of spot beam pods off Amazon cheap and used 2 on my wifes polaris to replace the low beam housings and 2 for my backup lights.

The ones i ordered aren't available currently but its as easy as picking up something like these if you don't wanna pay top dollar for a better brand name.

https://www.amazon.com/Lumitek-Lights-Off-road-Waterproof-Driving/dp/B00WJXRICE/ref=sr_1_10?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1508923793&sr=1-10&keywords=4"+led+pods

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thanks for the information. I have the service manual for my 750 2018 at my cottage. I will look at it and see if I can find a wire that could do the job.

Cheers.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Found this around another forum for a 2013 750 when i was looking for the wiring i needed during my install.

"For the reverse light, the King Quad is already wired up. Around the rear dry box / storage box you will find 2 wires with female ends on them. One is orange (this is the hot wire), and the other is blue w/ a red stripe (ground)."

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was just looking through the parts manual for a 95 KQ 300 and it showed an optional reverse light so the early models must be prewired as well.

·
Super Moderator
7,609 Posts
I was just looking through the parts manual for a 95 KQ 300 and it showed an optional reverse light so the early models must be prewired as well.
Yes, they are prewired. There’s typically a connector that runs to the back. Some use it for a reverse light others utilize it for something else auxiliary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a 19 KQ 500 and I looked for the wires for a backup light but can't find them, just the wire running back to the tail light. Also checked the owners manual but no luck there either, anyone got any input?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I do not know if I’m dropping in in the right spot so I apologize if I’m not.
I have a 2019 King quad 750 just like everyone else I’m looking to put on a back up light I found the wires in the back.
The ones that seem to work or the yellow orange and red blue.
I have one issue when the lights are not on at the ignition switch there is 6 V going to the wire leads. When the ignition switch is in on mode no lights. Not engaged in reverse when I engage it into reverse I get the full 12 V good.
when the ignition switch is in the lights and on position the 6 V disappears when you engage it into reverse the light come on like they are supposed.
my question is why am I getting this 6 V when the ignition switches off lights just in the on position good this damage to the back up light running at 6 V during the day.
does anyone have any thoughts on this other than that I am going to run with my lights on all the time so I do not have that 6V hic-up
if anyone has any ideas it will be much appreciated thank you.
I can tell you one thing it was not very easy getting to those wires behind the center storage box.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts