Suzuki ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We now have 3 atvs at our cabin. It's remote access so we get flown out by plane on floats then 2 miles to cabin. A 2000 suzuki KQ, 2000 polaris 6x6, and a 83 Honda 185- 3 wheeler.
They are a large part of how we operate especially since my beautiful wife can't walk much. We do tread carefully.
I freighted the suzuki n polaris out in the winter. I dismantled the 3 wheeler n beautiful wife gave it a cool camo paint job. Then it came out in a 185 Cessna on floats dismantled. The box of little parts were left overnight in a plastic tote at the lake awaiting the next load. And the local mischief making bears broke the box n let a few inches of rainwater in.
These machines are working machines. Pulling 800 pound loads for 2 miles across the tundra.
A couple pictures. The 3 wheeler in my freight sled/canoe. Loaded up KQ. This was a plane load. 6 wheeler n lumber load. Extra supplies like tires that bears eat, extra seats.
Our 6x6 is at the lake now, since last September. My buddy was having some medical issues I didn't have time to get it back to the cabin. Any bets on what a wheeler that's been used to haul moose meat looks like after it has sat in the ak bush for 9 months ? 90E99C2E-A473-4F9F-A921-91215D67E00B.jpeg 90E99C2E-A473-4F9F-A921-91215D67E00B.jpeg 9FC3BB07-74EE-4510-A880-FE4681E72857.jpeg A05033DE-DD6C-4179-8D3C-2DF6D66D6F2C.jpeg 1253285C-7726-4165-99B7-F526F163590F.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah my beautiful wife n me still trying to figure out how we pulled this off. I went out n staked 20 acres in the middle of a million acres of government land. Neighbors are 1-1/2 miles north, we've crossed paths a couple times through the years hauling freight otherwise not much contact. Otherwise its a ways to the road.
I've got a few other toys that I've accumulated.
8 snogos but 2 of them are the grandkids mini snogos. 4 more wheelers a snow cat, swamp buggy, bunch of different freight sleds n atv trailers. Lake boat couple canoes. And they all work. Most of the time. Oh boy, time to slim down.
I keep them around for the kids. Well thats my story anyhows. Maybe a slight atv addiction.
I kinda like machines too. And the outdoors are just a passion. So putting them together has allowed me to do this.
But if I could ever find a suzuki 185 3 wheelers I would be really happy.

·
Registered
2020 KingQuad 750
47 Posts
So, I live in a pretty urban area in central Massachusetts but have a cabin in Northern Maine, up by the Canadian border, about 8 hours away. It's No Alaska, that's for sure, but it's about as isolated as one can get in this area of the country. Off the Grid. My closest neighbor up there is about 3/4 of a mile away, but his cows are always near our front door, wondering around our land. Lots of bear, moose and deer, but the tricky part is getting the permit for the moose. Very hard for non-residents to get.... even being a land owner doesn't really help. I love your canoe / trailer. Perfect! Needing a float plane to reach your cabin is what makes me drool.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, I live in a pretty urban area in central Massachusetts but have a cabin in Northern Maine, up by the Canadian border, about 8 hours away. It's No Alaska, that's for sure, but it's about as isolated as one can get in this area of the country. Off the Grid. My closest neighbor up there is about 3/4 of a mile away, but his cows are always near our front door, wondering around our land. Lots of bear, moose and deer, but the tricky part is getting the permit for the moose. Very hard for non-residents to get.... even being a land owner doesn't really help. I love your canoe / trailer. Perfect! Needing a float plane to reach your cabin is what makes me drool.
Yeah flying in using a bush plane is nice for getting away from others. In the winter is really nice also.
The roads are usually icy n snowy n covered in moose. And dark. Towing a freight sled across the snow. The northern lights waving at you from above. Just you n the world. 20 below n dark but with a full moon add in the northern lights and its truly majestic.
Or cruising around with the family and never seeing another person.
The one guarantee you have is that atvs break n get stuck. When I'm out in the bush with my beautiful wife n a machine or other equipment breaks there is nothing like looking your wife in the eye n saying hey baby I'm going to have to leave you here while I go get some fix it stuff. She has foot problems n can't walk much. Alone with a kazillion biting bugs, ornery moose, grizzly n black bears too many wolves n such. But she has never hesitated to help me get my outdoors fix.
Now our daughter rebuilds the atv carburetors n does the welded. Son is a great outdoorsman. Both love being in the outdoors. And have thousands of miles under their belt. And continue to teach their kids about the outdoors n riding atvs.
Our grandson started riding his snogo at age 3. He's 4 now n papa is fixing up a wheeler for him. And I have a kitty cat snogo for our going to be 2 years old granddaughter. I can't hardly wait to get them out together. Along with nana of course.
Family, outdoors, atvs, living on the end of the road in AK. Feeling pretty darn blessed here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts