Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2019 Kingquad 400 with about 100 miles on it. The last few weeks it has trouble starting as the battery appears to be near dead. Talked to the dealer who said I need to buy a trickle charger which sounds strange for a near new machine.

I have searched the forum and saw a few dated posts about similar problems but most models referenced were a few years older than mine. Any idea if there are factory fixes or recalls about this serious problem since then?

What is frustrating is that I spend most time on it at our cabin which has no electricity. Any ideas on how to approach Suzuki about this??

Thanks, Peter

·
Super Moderator
7,955 Posts
Does it have trouble starting hot or cold, or both..? Is your battery fully charged..? A properly charged battery should yield a voltage of 12.6 volts. And a dealer telling you to buy a trickle charger for a fairly new quad doesn’t sound right. I bought small charger/maintainer for my 2019 KQ 750. But mostly for during the winter months. I’d check your battery anyway to see if it’s holding it’s charge. You can check this by using a voltmeter or multimeter. Take voltage readings at the battery with the atv off and at idle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi, I have a 2019 Kingquad 400 with about 100 miles on it. The last few weeks it has trouble starting as the battery appears to be near dead. Talked to the dealer who said I need to buy a trickle charger which sounds strange for a near new machine.
Mine actually came with a battery tender from the dealership, though I have yet to use it but plan to once I start getting daytime negatives. Its possible the battery itself is defective. Do you ride a lot or does it sit for long periods?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a 2019 zero issues .. seems like a non common problem

1 - 5 of 5 Posts