Suzuki ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99’ King Quad / 00’ Warrior / 00’ Wolverine / 94’ Timberwolf
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

So, first off, this is not a Suzuki carb, it’s off my 00’ Warrior. I’ve tried bluetraxx and a few other sites with no help. You guys have always come through with my KQ questions so I hope you can help with some general advise.

The long and the short of this is; will this carb still function? I’m not sure how critical the integrity of the pilot jet stem is to carb function (I’ve heard of guys using saws to split the stem to cut into the top of a pilot jet to remove one) but dunno if that’s just internet lore.

The backstory/dilemma is that I’m rebuilding an old warrior that’s been sitting for ten years. Pulled the carb and it was full of gas that essentially turned to sand. On disassembly, the pilot jet got stripped (I tried every possible manor of safely removing it before breaking out the drill). Drilled it out, used an easy out, and the head of that snapped off in the jet. Upon trying to drill out the easy out, I accidentally canoed out the top of the stem.

Typically, I’d just rebuild it and give it a shot, but this thing needs a good couple hours of work to clean and rebuild (it’s really that bad) then to hang and test fire on the bike, and at this point I still haven’t even gotten the jet out yet.

so! A used oem carb is anywhere between 120 and 250. I don’t want to blow the cash that could be spent elsewhere and have to wait for it to arrive if I can still use this one, but I also don’t want to put in several hours of work into something if there’s no point. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as I’d like to make a decision as soon as possible so I can get this thing back out on the trails. Thank you!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd look for a performance carb for it if it's a warrior
There are a few, and they are weirdly cheaper, the problem is that right now it’s stock, and I don’t plan to do more than put a pipe on it.

From what I’ve read, unless you are going to do a hotter cam/bore kit/ etc you can lose power, or it becomes a bigger headache to tune. Plus the stock carb is surprising decent for it.

any idea of this thing will still work and draw fuel properly? I feel like the damage sits below the float level

·
Registered
204 Posts
If the cracked portion is submerged, it should work fine. If not, just use a piece of rubber or copper tubing around the stem and attach it mechanically, like with a piece of wire. I'd at least test it before spending money on a new one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If the cracked portion is submerged, it should work fine. If not, just use a piece of rubber or copper tubing around the stem and attach it mechanically, like with a piece of wire. I'd at least test it before spending money on a new one.
That’s an excellent idea, I think I have some fuel line that size, I’ll give it a shot and post with an update. Thanks a lot!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts