Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no electric when switch is turned on - no neutral, no lights - nothing. Noticed about a week ago the engine sputtered, like no electric, but cleared up and kept on running. However, next time this happened everything dead. Since in gear I rocked ATV back and forth to get into neutral and noticed the neutral light flashed for a split second - additional rocking proved no avail. I have checked uses and traced wires for possible ground problems and found nothing - but could have overlooked. Also noticed the new battery is DEAD - DEAD DEAD! Tried another battery but still no power anywhere. Request any help possible to try and troubleshoot myself. In dire need of my little mountain climber for current hunt season. Many thanks. DT

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Check the POS wire from battery to where it hooks to the harness.....check NEG wire from battery to where it connects to ground ( frame)

If your battery was that dead.....sounds like a possible short. Be sure kill switch is on the run position .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any idea on the 300 where the frame ground is? I have not taken all body off and cannot trace wires with ease. Roger on the "RUN" Switch - been making sure it's on each key on time. Module (I assume Coil) that spark plug wire runs into/from, I did a continuity check on the module and a no got (I assume you can do continuity check on such)? If this Module is bad will it stop electric flow throughout ATV? Thanks Junkie!

·
Super Moderator
7,625 Posts
I know you probably did this. But did you check all the fuses to see if any of them are blown..? Just want to make sure and rule it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have the exact same problem with my kq, but it's been too cold to be able to have a look at it, mine will start with the pull cord but no e-start, when running the lights are dim, my battery voltage is at 13.2. I'm going to try and have a look at it this weekend

·
Super Moderator
7,625 Posts
13.2 volts at idle is about right. When revving the engine you should get about 13.8 to 14.0 volts. With your lights on your voltage should decrease some, but your lights shouldn’t dim. You may be experiencing a undercharging scenario. This is usually caused by a failing or failed rectifier/regulator. Does your Atv run poorly beyond the no electric start..? Does your neutral light light up when your in neutral..?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
96 300 King Quad No Electric Power

I am also recently dealing with the same similar issues. Inherited from my Dad, just put new battery in still not getting any power with ignition on from battery to lights or anything. One thing noticed tonight the neutral light flashes on when I pull the rope to hand crank it?? Charged new battery with new sulfate fluid for only 2 hours maybe need to charge longer? Any tips appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Sounds like a blown fuse or the battery not making connection somewhere( check the ground wire to frame).....there is a second red wire other than the large one which goes to the harness by the fuses .....it's common for that wire to be loose or broken.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I too have ZERO Power. Not to hijack but I hooked up battery charger backwards for like 15 seconds. Before that neutral light came on. Where are the fuses? Im hoping thats all it is! I need my snow plow! Thanks Sorry again to hijack the original thread!!

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
In front of the battery...

·
Registered
218 Posts
If its not the fuses an easy way too check for a short. Disconnect battery cables and do a continuity test. Flip everything electric on and off one at a time. Shift it in and out f.n.r. If something is grounding out it will usually show up. If that doesn't work go through and check/test everything individually.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Usually the positive power from the battery goes to the starter relay. There is a 2 or 4 wire plug on that relay. One of those wires will have that battery power to it. Then that power goes to the ign switch. When you turn that key/ign switch on it sends power else where. Like was said earlier be sure to check both battery cables for good contacts.
Check the cables then check for power at the starter relay (2 wires for power). Then go to the key/ign switch and look for power. If your stator has shorted it will pull everything down very quickly. Try even disconnecting it and then checking for your power.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts