Suzuki ATV Forum banner

98 Suzuki quadrunner plastic

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  whybeare123 
#1 ·
So my buddy got a sweet deal on a 98 Suzuki 500 only 500 miles on this thing it WAS mint! On our first ride he rolled his quad down a mountain literally if I had to guess I’d say it rolled 20+ times. The machines built like a tank The back rack got mangled and the rear fender got cracked up pretty bad but the frame/sub frame is straight and it was rolling hard. I zip tie stitched it up and had to make my own path back to the trail but we finished the trip. The quad still runs perfect and straight we have been riding it like this for probably 2 years and I really do like the quad it’s a lot tougher than my rancher. I want to get my buddy plastic and new tires as he leaves it at my house and I used it a lot I figured I’d surprise him but I can not find the plastic anywhere and I have looked pretty hard. Anyways I was wondering if anyone knew where I can get plastic for this machine and if someone by chance has plastic I would buy it Orange preferably! Also any suggestions on tires would be appreciated not really a priority though. I was thinking of going one or two tire sizes up any issues with this?

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum. Yes they are built like tanks. Amazing machines.

Plastics may be hard to find. I would comb through places like EBay and Craigslist regularly. Going up a size , or two on tires should be ok. Just don’t go crazy, or you will change your gearing and effect your acceleration.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.