Suzuki ATV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
97 king quad 300, I went to pull it out of garage, and mind you, I have not rode it since last month. It won’t do anything, other than spin the rear wheels, brakes are not stuck on it. I tried putting it in 4wd and it will not budge I’m not sure why.

·
Administrator
9,371 Posts
If it’s in neutral, can you push or move it around by hand..?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the front axel is seized up
But, I appreciate all the help everyone has given, me on here, but I am giving up on it, I’m just gonna sell it to many issues even after all the money I’ve sank into it. But thank you to every one for all the knowledge.

·
Administrator
9,371 Posts
My 300 did this one year. I had parked it in the fall. Then when I went to take it out in the spring and it wouldn’t budge. I didn’t want to force anything so I shut her down and jacked up the whole bike. Suspecting it was the front brakes I tries spinning the front wheels by hand. The right front wouldn’t budge but the front left was fine. Turns out that one wheel cylinder ingested water and froze. If I took the front drum off I could easily spin the wheel one handed. The minute I put the drum back on it wouldn’t budge. It was odd in the sense I could easily take the drum on/off with no issues.

So I would try jacking up the front end and spinning the front wheels by hand. If one wheel doesn’t want to move try pulling the drum off to see if it’ll move then. But do not, and I mean do not apply the front brakes without the drum on the bike. Give that a go and let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My 300 did this one year. I had parked it in the fall. Then when I went to take it out in the spring it wouldn’t budge. I didn’t want to force anything so I shut her down and jacked up the whole bike. Suspecting it was the front brakes I tried spinning the front wheels by hand. The right front wouldn’t budge but the front left was fine. Turns out that wheel cylinder ingested water and froze. If I took the front drum off I could easily spin the wheel one handed. The minute I put the drum back on it wouldn’t budge. It was odd in the sense I could easily take the drum on/off with no issues.

So I would try jacking up the front end and spinning the front wheels by hand. If one wheel doesn’t want to move try pulling the drum off to see if it’ll move then. But do not, and I mean do not apply the front brakes without the drum on the bike. Give that a go and let us know how you make out.
The left front wont budge and the right front barely moves brakes are free wheel cylinders are new and all new brake hardware except for the drums the left front even with the drum off still won’t budge

·
Administrator
9,371 Posts
If your wheel cylinders are new and you know for sure the front brakes aren’t dragging. My only thought would be a seized up wheel bearing.

·
Administrator
9,371 Posts
Is the boot for that joint cut, torn, or ripped..? If any crud got into that joint, or the grease ran out. It wouldn’t take very much for any debris, water, or moisture to destroy or possibly seize that joint.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I’ll just have to wait to get another axle for it
Update: after further inspection, the drum was seized up, to the pads. Also the axle joint was dry. I cleaned the drum up and readjusted the pads, and got it moving, but still having the temp light issue, and noticing a slight tapping noise near the top end.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts