Suzuki ATV Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I returned to this post to review pictures. Sorry I didn't answer sooner. I guess I have only driven the quad twenty or so miles since owning it. It spends more time with me or the shop working on it than me riding it. The latest thing was replacing the locked up rear brake.

Regarding the performance with the oil cooler missing, it would get hot sometimes. That's what got me looking into this matter. I got a used cooler on ebay. I've had it a few weeks but just started looking at fit yesterday. It seems that the mouting holes will line up but I need two find two of the metal sleeves that are inside the rubber gromet, that the mounting bolts go through. The lines seem like they match the connecting points on the cooler. The one thing that has me a little confussed, and why I was on this thread looking at pictures, is the hose/lines positioning. I haven't tried it yet but it almost seems like the line's length and position would connect them to the cooler short sides rather than long side where the ports are. I am going to look at the parts diagram too, to see if the cooler positioning has the lines connecting to the top or bottom of the cooler. I blew dirt out of the cooler fins yesterday and straightened the crushed fins that I could fix. Now I need "O" rings. The cooler has them but I won't reuse those.
I should add that you pictures look like the cooler mounts with the oil lines on top.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
The Quadrunner never even had an oil cooler and it never overheated on me doing slow jobs with it. I know you've got a little more motor there but I'm sure it was just fine for the time that it was like that, I wouldn't worry too much.

·
Super Moderator
7,473 Posts
Wow, I agree with Thomas there. Whatever genius ended up jerry rigging that is completely stupid and insane. Kind of surprised the atv never overheated after tying up those oil cooler lines and blocking all the airflow to the engine. Anyway, between Thomas, myself, and other members on the Forum, we should be able to help you figure things out if you need extra assistance.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts