Suzuki ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have encountered, another issue with my king quad. It will start up completely cold, with choke on and idle and it would take throttle. I let it warm up, and turn choke off, it stalls out instantly. Then I have to rechoke it, to get it to start, but then it won’t take throttle.once it stalls after that it won’t start back up at all, until it sits for over two hrs. Carbs been rebuilt and clean awhile back.

·
Registered
195 Posts
“Carbs been rebuilt and clean awhile back.” I would take another look at the carbs, float level, or maybe a clip came off of the adjusting rod…

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yea, I’m gonna have to tear it apart, again to figure out what it is. I seem to be tearing it apart more than actually getting to enjoy it anymore.
Just take the top of the carb off and move the c-clip on the needle. They are cold blooded and need light throttle when moving for a while. Don't forget the throttle rpm adjustment tuned with Phillps screw driver. 96 King owner used for snow removal.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just take the top of the carb off and move the c-clip on the needle. They are cold blooded and need light throttle when moving for a while. Don't forget the throttle rpm adjustment tuned with Phillps screw driver. 96 King owner used for snow removal.
I swear this quad, has a mind of its own. It acts different everytime I go to do anything with it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I swear this quad, has a mind of its own. It acts different everytime I go to do anything with it.
It ran fine for about a week. Then I was using it to move some small logs. Then it stalled out on me and wouldn’t run without choke on. But wouldn’t take throttle, so I let it sit for about two hrs then it would start with choke on only but stalled out when trying to throttle it. Then it just wouldn’t start at all, no matter with choke or not. Then it finally started after two hrs of waiting and would take throttle with choke on only but not long before it would stall out.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It ran fine for about a week. Then I was using it to move some small logs. Then it stalled out on me and wouldn’t run without choke on. But wouldn’t take throttle, so I let it sit for about two hrs then it would start with choke on only but stalled out when trying to throttle it. Then it just wouldn’t start at all, no matter with choke or not. Then it finally started after two hrs of waiting and would take throttle with choke on only but not long before it would stall out.
Hand Finger Gesture Thumb Musical instrument accessory

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I tried to start it up, after just looking at the needle adjustment and the float level. Which seem fine so I didn’t mess with the settings.put it back together and it would fire up with choke on all the way and run for about 4 minutes then stall out. Then I tried to start it again and it wouldn’t do anything even with choke on and still won’t take throttle and won’t idle

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Curious, what did you get for a compression number on that 25 year old machine? It does sound like a valve adjustment issue, but good luck with the carb. Is it an original stock carb or has it been changed out?
Honestly, I had it at a shop about two months ago, they did a compression test and leak down test and said it passed perfectly they rebuilt the carb which was original. But I can’t find the paperwork to see the compression numbers.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Honestly, I had it at a shop about two months ago, they did a compression test and leak down test and said it passed perfectly they rebuilt the carb which was original. But I can’t find the paperwork to see the compression numbers.
It was running great, besides the oil temp light coming on randomly. Then just started acting up a few days ago. Which I didn’t ride it much due to not trusting it on long rides with the temp light coming on.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It could be that is where the problem is. Check it again.
If I had the extra $250 I would to have them recheck it. But the tech said it should still be fine. when I explained to him what it was doing he said it sounds like carb may need cleaned possibly. But idk I’ve sank a boat load, of cash in it already.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts