Suzuki ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, I have posted about this before, but still haven’t found a solution. The oil temp light, no matter what temperature it is out side, comes on after an hour of normal riding. I can shut it off and wait, about 30 minutes and it goes off. Ive already checked the wiring, sensors been changed several times, oil cooler is clean and clear, and not damaged. No obstructions to oil flow not running lean. The only thing I’ve noticed that’s odd, is when the light comes on, the quad is very hard to shift, but runs and idles fine, any suggestions ?

·
Administrator
9,173 Posts
Have you checked and cleaned your oil strainer at all..? If it’s partially blocked it could restrict oil flow thus causing the light to come on. It’s the only other thing I can think of since we’ve pretty much explored every other avenue.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you checked and cleaned your oil strainer at all..? If it’s partially blocked it could restrict oil flow thus causing the light to come on. It’s the only other thing I can think of since we’ve pretty much explored every other avenue.
Yea, it’s clean as a whistle, I thought I’d just see if there’s anything else that hasn’t been thought of

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only thing, I haven’t done, Is rebuild the motor and trans and have it completely rewired

1 - 4 of 4 Posts