Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has brand new piston, rings , and bored cylinder. thing smokes like a chimmeny !!!! could this be reeds ? jetting ? or a crankseal? this is my first 2 stroke always had 4 strokes .and just need some info as where to go now,as i dont know if i have to split the case if it is crank seal . all help would be appreciated .

·
Registered
17 Posts
2 strokes smoke a little in general, it might be your fuel mixture, or the oil you used in your mix, i had some old oil i used and it smoked like crazy and made my bike run rich and really killed the performance, id ask your dealer or call suzuki to see what ratio and and oil to use, also what color smoke is it ? white im guessing hope this helps

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
32.1 ratio is what i got and used the same mix in honda 250r and seems normal in the honda for 2 stroke smoking , but the lt 250r is just crazy smoke.carb wont adjust you can turn the idle screw in or out all the way and it doesnt change anything. could this be the problem , and do i need arebuild for the carb ? yes it is thick white.

·
Registered
17 Posts
hmm i would take the carb out clean it, replace any orings/gaskets and make sure everything is in order and nothing is missing and try that. if that doesnt work im out of ideas :/

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
could be a crank seal on the right side,if so it would be burning the transmission oil.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts