Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 86 lt230 quadrunner that i finally got it to start with the push button after i rebuild the starter, new battery and starter solenoid. Now my problem is, Sometimes the neutral light will come on and it will start right up with the push button and does fine but sometimes the neutral light does not come on and it won't push start. Was wondering if its the neutral safety switch, relay, the kill switch, key or a ground probably?

·
Super Moderator
7,619 Posts
Sounds like the neural safety switch to me. The neutral safety switch kills power to the electric starter when it fails. Though the recoil starter will start your atv if it’s equipped with one as long as your actually in neutral.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks that what i was think. I just wanted to make sure and yes i can pull start it. It starts just fine but just nice to push a button to start it lol.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where is the neutral safety switch located and would not having a taillight hooked up cause anything

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TClll thanks i was looking at that today on my quad and noticed it was little oily and dirty might clean it and see if thats fixes it, replace it, or bypass it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts