Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used 2016 750 King Quad and want to change all the fluids. The manual calls for Mobilfluid 424 or equivalent in the rear differential. I have searched (this forum and others) and even asked several dealers for this fluid and no one has it or even knows what it is. I have also asked the dealers for the fluid recommended by Suzuki and get different answers. One gave me a 80 weight oil, one an oil with no weight labeled on it, and some quit simply say they don't know???? The Mobilfluid 424 is a hydraulic / transmission fluid, well suited for wet clutches and wet brakes.
What is everyone using in their rear differential???
I am at a loss!
Thanks in advance for your input.

·
Registered
29 Posts
You usually have to buy Mobil 424 in 5 gallon pails. Suzuki or Kawasaki wet brake oil can be purchased by the quart. It's probably equivalent to 10 or 15wt fluids. DO NOT use 80 wt...

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Lee. I talked to Amzoil and they knew exactly what the mobilfluid 424 was. They cross-referenced it to their oil that is a 5W/30. This is what made me think I better look into this a little deeper. I wasn't confident with the 80 weight oil.
Thanks again &
Happy Holidays to you.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi.

I own a 2018

Here is a picture taken from my service manual. Hope this can help you.

Cheers

p.s: I know from my dealer that is diff oil is special as it drive the gear and is used by the brake so be cautious with that. Your Suzuki dealer should sell it.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree. y=You would think the dealer would have it however I went to 3 different dealers and none had it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts