Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replaced the rectifier and still won't charge battery. Only have 12.4 volts at battery with engine running and no lights on. What should I check next. Thanks

·
Registered
276 Posts
What accessories have you been running? Next obvious replacement part is the stator but those usually only if you’re running huge lights or something like that. Otherwise, the solution is usually to tap into the ground wire at the rectifier and run a 12 gauge wire directly to the negative battery terminal. There has been mention that the factory ground in the wire harness is undersized and too long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
276 Posts
Another test is to get the quad running and disconnect the positive on the battery and check the voltage then. See if the battery is pulling down the voltage at idle. You should be at least over 13 volts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had this issue with 2002 Eiger. Replaced rectifier and 5amp accessorie fuse that was blown. Issue was resolved.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Replaced the rectifier and still won't charge battery. Only have 12.4 volts at battery with engine running and no lights on. What should I check next. Thanks
As others pointed out, . . . your ground from the battery or your ground wire on the rectifier are not making a good circuit back to the battery. I love my KQ700, . . . but I'd take the electrical engineer (?) who did the circuitry to the woodshed if he worked for me. Some stuff is pretty good, . . . rest looks like he/she did it while nursing a 2 bottles of cheap gin hangover.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts