Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i am new to the forum, i have a 2009 king quad 750 base model, purchased a month or two ago 140hrs and 1000 miles, recently i have noticed when riding that when i push the 4x4 button it will stall the bike, had a local repair shop look at it and they came up with nothing, bike will restart and run fine after it stalls and does not stall every time i lock into 4x4, unsure of where to start looking, any help or tips appreciated!

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Sounds like a short somewhere between the button and the actuator.....or the actuator it self.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
If the actuator is struggling to do its job, it can put a draw on the system.

To much draw it can struggle with the fuel injection, which will cause it to stall.

Possible short, possible worn or gummed up actuator. Possible weak battery.

Why battery?

The stator on these only puts out 170-180 watts. About half of that is required for the EFI. So machines with extra lights, power steering, or anything else that draws power will draw any extra power from the battery. If the battery is weak, it causes the EFI to stumble.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bike has brand new battery, problem persists sporadically, sometimes nothing happens others it shuts off, how can I test the system to be sure it’s an actuator?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts