Suzuki ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired a 2006 Suzuki lt-a700x king quad 4wd and the 4wd does not engage. Nothing happens when I push the button not even a relay click. I had all four tires off the ground, both rear turn but the front does nothing. The front drive shaft spins, both front tires spin independently. A friend and I trying to chase down wires and check relays now but these relays are to expensive to replace without knowing if there are working or not. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
9,531 Posts
Lightly tap on the 4wd actuator using the handle side of a screwdriver while someone tries to engage 4wd. If it engages then the 4wd actuator is faulty and needs to be replaced. As for the relays, they can be checked using a multimeter to see if one’s bad. There’s most likely videos on how to do this on YouTube. And welcome to the Forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lightly tap on the 4wd actuator using the handle side of a screwdriver while someone tries to engage 4wd. If it engages then the 4wd actuator is faulty and needs to be replaced. As for the relays, they can be checked using a multimeter to see if one’s bad. There most likely videos on how to do this on YouTube. And welcome to the Forum.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I had the 4wd actuator motor go out on my 07 Vinson and i shifted with with a 14mm wrench for a few years before i bout a new actuator. It was about $300 for my Vinson but a new actuator for my 2021 KQ is over $600. You might want to start carrying a wrench around lol.

·
Administrator
9,531 Posts
Had a feeling it was the actuator. At least you know what the problem is now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts