Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, New to the forum. Working on a 2004 twin peaks and looking for any insight on correcting the inability to switch into 4 wheel drive. i have read many many post on possibilities. Completely rebuilt both actuators. checked all plug connections and added dielectric grease. Just noticed while making another attempt that there was no speed displayed on speedo. according to what I've read the machine needs to have motion for the front differential actuator to change position.
Also note I have the error code for 2w/4w selector, has been reset a number of time as I've tried different things. Front differential has been completly rebuilt. works as it should when manually engaged/disengaged .

Need to check the speed sensor but I have not been able to locate it. Tips please? Thanks for any help, this forum has provided me many avenues to try.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi all,
just completed electrical system troubleshooting, only have 4.5v at controller contacts 9 and 10 and
speed sensor displays -4.5v on pins 5 and 10, yes I had the polarity correct.
What could be causing the low voltage? Battery voltage is at 12 plus.

still need to locate speed sensor. All help welcome, this is kicking my back side.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts