Suzuki ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There aren't too many 2022 parts out yet. Who has some ideas or suggestions on mods, upgrades, accessories etc... I have never been able to leave anything stock.
Already have a winch and storage bag.

·
Super Moderator
1,310 Posts
There aren't too many 2022 parts out yet. Who has some ideas or suggestions on mods, upgrades, accessories etc... I have never been able to leave anything stock.
Already have a winch and storage bag.
Full disclaimer…. I am Mr. Mod. I wasn’t happy with a 580hp stock , supercharged car. My wife asked what the attraction was with it and why I needed to buy it. I told her if I did, I would leave it stock. A year later, it had several tunes, injectors, auxiliary fuel pump, E85 conversion, headers, high flow converters……. I stopped at just over 800hp. Lol

I mod EVERYTHING I own.

I don’t know what the headlights are like on the 2022. I upgraded to LEDs on all my Suzukis including my 2020 KQ750. I also installed a seat heater , grip heater, AGM battery, mirrors, LED light bar, and HTR tires on all the recent models.

Obviously, if you are riding large , open areas you might not need the mirrors. On narrow trails you want to know who is coming up behind you, or if you lost a member of your group. I also use Cardo Packtalk Bold communicators with all those that ride with me. That keeps us as a cohesive group.

Also, if you are in south Florida, you can probably skip the grip and seat heaters, lol.

My Can Am Maverick is similarly set up. I haven’t done the seat heaters yet, but plan on it. I am also doing some performance bumps. I should be around 210hp, which is up from the 172hp stock on the Turbo R. 210hp puts it above the Turbo RR model which is 195hp stock.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Full disclaimer…. I am Mr. Mod. I wasn’t happy with a 580hp stock , supercharged car. My wife asked what the attraction was with it and why I needed to buy it. I told her if I did, I would leave it stock. A year later, it had several tunes, injectors, auxiliary fuel pump, E85 conversion, headers, high flow converters……. I stopped at just over 800hp. Lol

I mod EVERYTHING I own.

I don’t know what the headlights are like on the 2022. I upgraded to LEDs on all my Suzukis including my 2020 KQ750. I also installed a seat heater , grip heater, AGM battery, mirrors, LED light bar, and HTR tires on all the recent models.

Obviously, if you are riding large , open areas you might not need the mirrors. On narrow trails you want to know who is coming up behind you, or if you lost a member of your group. I also use Cardo Packtalk Bold communicators with all those that ride with me. That keeps us as a cohesive group.

Also, if you are in south Florida, you can probably skip the grip and seat heaters, lol.

My Can Am Maverick is similarly set up. I haven’t done the seat heaters yet, but plan on it. I am also doing some performance bumps. I should be around 210hp, which is up from the 172hp stock on the Turbo R. 210hp puts it above the Turbo RR model which is 195hp stock.
Good ideas. I'm in Arkansas so I can skip the heaters too. What's the difference with the AGM battery?
I have planned on led light pods on the front corners. I'm assuming HTR tires are a huge upgrade from stock Carlisles.

·
Administrator
9,625 Posts
AGM, which stands for (Absorbed Glass Mat) are way better batteries then conventional lead acid batteries. They cost a bit more then lead acid batteries but are better in a few different ways. If you decide to go down this route you can upgrade to a higher cranking amp battery. Which will also help in a cranking or adding extra lights, etc.

The Kenda Bear Claw HTR’s are a huge upgrade over the stock Carlyle’s. They are basically a upgraded version of the original Bear Claws (K299), which l have on my 300 KQ. The HTR’s are also radial tires. For this reason they ride, handle, and have a better contact path over the stock bias ply tires that come on the 750. The HTR’s I believe are also 8 ply tires. Meaning they are constructed way better and are more resistant to punctures. The stock Carlyle’s are only 2 ply tires and have a smaller contact path because of their bias ply construction. They are also more prone to punctures being only 2 ply tires.

The HTR’s are also a way more aggressive tire then the Carlyle’s. More aggressive, but not overkill. I’ll attach a couple photos bellow of the HTR’s that John had on his 750 that he sent me a while back. I’m sure he won’t mind me sharing them. Though if he does I guess I’ll have a pending lawsuit on my hands, lol.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Locking hubs

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

·
Registered
266 Posts
1. Tires
2. Winch
3. Flat repair kit
4. Storage bag
5. Maybe new handle bars
6. I installed a cheap navigation after getting lost in Ouachita Ntl Forest for a few hours
7. Spare key
8. SAE Battery charging cable
9. Set up to carry more fuel

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AGM, which stands for (Absorbed Glass Mat) are way better batteries then conventional lead acid batteries. They cost a bit more then lead acid batteries but are better in a few different ways. If you decide to go down this route you can upgrade to a higher cranking amp battery. Which will also help in a cranking or adding extra lights, etc.

The Kenda Bear Claw HTR’s are a huge upgrade over the stock Carlyle’s. They are basically a upgraded version of the original Bear Claws (K299), which l have on my 300 KQ. The HTR’s are also radial tires. For this reason they ride, handle, and have a better contact path over the stock bias ply tires that come on the 750. The HTR’s I believe are also 8 ply tires. Meaning they are constructed way better and are more resistant to punctures. The stock Carlyle’s are only 2 ply tires and have a smaller contact path because of their bias ply construction. They are also more prone to punctures being only 2 ply tires.

The HTR’s are also a way more aggressive tire then the Carlyle’s. More aggressive, but not overkill. I’ll attach a couple photos bellow of the HTR’s that John had on his 750 that he sent me a while back. I’m sure he won’t mind me sharing them. Though if he does I guess I’ll have a pending lawsuit on my hands, lol.

View attachment 22523

View attachment 22525
Outstanding. Thanks for all of the info. Looks like I'll have plenty of project work to keep me busy which is great because retirement isn't as great as I thought it would be.

·
Super Moderator
1,310 Posts
Good ideas. I'm in Arkansas so I can skip the heaters too. What's the difference with the AGM battery?
I have planned on led light pods on the front corners. I'm assuming HTR tires are a huge upgrade from stock Carlisles.
Don‘t buy any battery by application. Measure the maximum size that will fit, match the terminals and buy that battery in an AGM. You won’t be sorry.

View attachment 22523

View attachment 22525

What AJL said . Yes. Ed Zachary.

There is no problem posting pictures of my ATVs , or trailer. Pictures of my own person, hair, likeness, or body parts require a modeling release .

1. Tires
2. Winch
3. Flat repair kit
4. Storage bag
5. Maybe new handle bars
6. I installed a cheap navigation after getting lost in Ouachita Ntl Forest for a few hours
7. Spare key
8. SAE Battery charging cable
9. Set up to carry more fuel
I concur with 1-4.
Handle bars? We don’t need no stinking handlebars.

Try the Polaris Ride Command instead of a GPS. You can use it on a phone, or a Samsung Tablet. It’s free and really nice. Some interesting features on it. I like the land owners names visible too.

Spare key always. I give my spare ATV key and my spare truck key to my riding buddy. Just in case.

I carry a small jump pack in addition to motorcycle jumper cables. They are lightweight, fold up small, and cheap.

Rotopax makes nice fuel jugs. DO NOT buy their L bracket. Junk!

·
Administrator
9,625 Posts
Kind of had a hint of what retirement life would be like. When Covid first hit my Dr. didn’t want me to work because I was immunocompromised. So I was home for a entire year. Winter was tough on me cause I was in the house a lot of the time. Summer wasn’t so bad, I putted around in the yard/garage a lot and went atving when I could.

Then when I finally went back to work it felt good because I was in a routine again. So basically being busy was the key in not going insane. Good luck with all your mods.

Reactions: Reverend

·
Super Moderator
2020 KingQuad 750
357 Posts
What I've done to my 2020 750:

Rear Bumper (Bison)
Front Bumper (Bison)
New Rims (Tusk)
New Tires (Sedona Mud Rebels R/T's)
Winch Mounting Plate and 2,500 lb KFI Winch
KFI Tiger Tail with alternate rear receiver winch mounting plate
Pair of 1.3 Gallon Spare Fuel Jugs mounted onto rear bumper
Set of 4 6" LED Off road Lights wired independently with 3 way switch
Pair of Reverse Lights
New Hand Grips
Front and Rear Cargo Cases (Soft Cases)
Moose Fender Bags (2)
Rifle Racks
4 Velcro Shock Covers
Mirrors
Suzuki GPS and phone Tank Pouch (way over priced but ok quality)
Camo Seat Cover
Tire Repair Kit / Air Compressor
Powerpack Jump Kit
Lots of xtra cables / tow straps / couple of snatch blocks

I agree, there are not very many specific accessories for the King Quad but there are plenty of 4 wheeler accessories around. I have also used several dirt bike accessories.

·
Administrator
9,625 Posts
What AJL said . Yes. Ed Zachary.

There is no problem posting pictures of my ATVs , or trailer. Pictures of my own person, hair, likeness, or body parts require a modeling release .
Never knew you were the type of person for modelling, lol. Career change maybe, lol.

Reactions: Reverend

·
Super Moderator
1,310 Posts
The KingQuad comes with a Yuasa AGM battery in it. So did my 2007 Vinson when i bought it so they have been using them for a long time.
Interesting. The only Suzuki that i have purchased new was the 2020 KQ750. The others had replacement batteries in them when I bought them. None were AGM .

·
Super Moderator
2020 KingQuad 750
357 Posts
The KingQuad comes with a Yuasa AGM battery in it. So did my 2007 Vinson when i bought it so they have been using them for a long time.
Yuasa Batteries have been the standard go to battery in motorcycle circles for a long time. I can't count how many I have purchased, but every time I try another brand, I always go back to Yuasa. There was a little stretch where they seemed to be slacking, but I think they are now back on track again.

One thing I've found out about the AGM's. If you completely drain them ... like being a dope and leaving your key on for weeks without realizing it ..... they can be very difficult to re-juice. Seems like most battery chargers will not see them, or see them as un-recoverable and cant recharge them. A trick I recently learned, and have successfully applied, is to hook the drained AGM up to another battery that's charged and then hook on the charger. To my joy, this worked on 2 of my previously dead AGM batteries that are now back in the lineup.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Yuasa Batteries have been the standard go to battery in motorcycle circles for a long time. I can't count how many I have purchased, but every time I try another brand, I always go back to Yuasa. There was a little stretch where they seemed to be slacking, but I think they are now back on track again.

One thing I've found out about the AGM's. If you completely drain them ... like being a dope and leaving your key on for weeks without realizing it ..... they can be very difficult to re-juice. Seems like most battery chargers will not see them, or see them as un-recoverable and cant recharge them. A trick I recently learned, and have successfully applied, is to hook the drained AGM up to another battery that's charged and then hook on the charger. To my joy, this worked on 2 of my previously dead AGM batteries that are now back in the lineup.
The original AGM Yuasa in my Vinson lasted for several years. When it died i bought a cheap lead acid battery and it only lasted a year before it went out. I replaced it with a slightly better walmart lead acid and i got a little better life out of compared to the generic lead acid. The third time i replaced it with a DieHard AGM battery and it lasted for 7 years+ till i sold it.

I dont know who made the battery for DieHard but when i did a search on the model number DieHard did not sell it anymore.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Interesting. The only Suzuki that i have purchased new was the 2020 KQ750. The others had replacement batteries in them when I bought them. None were AGM .
My 2007 Vinson manual stated to use an AGM battery when replacing it (i didn't). I was curious if my new KingQuad had the same battery as my old Vinson and the DieHard AGM i put in my vinson was such a good battery i wanted to write down the model number on it so i could buy one for my KingQuad when it came time.

In the end the battery ended up being different if i remember correctly. And i ended up on Yuasas website and they only list 1 battery for the 750 King Quad. They only go up to 2020 model year and mines a 2021 but the number on my battery matches it.

Font Rectangle Technology Screenshot Parallel

·
Administrator
9,625 Posts
The key to a long lasting battery wether it’s lead acid, AGM, or Gell Cell, is to utilize a battery maintainer. Also know as a tender by most. I have one for my lawn tractor, my 300 KQ, and my 750 KQ. I mainly utilize them on both my KQ’s and my lawn tractor if they are going to sit for week ot longer. This ensures my power sports batteries stay fully charged and ready to go.

I also utilize them during the winter months, which can last anywhere from 6-7 months where I reside. I use to remove my batteries and store them in the house. Though ever since I bought those chargers/maintainers I just plug them in and leave them.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts