Suzuki ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from a solo ATV trip at Lake City, Colorado. It was packed! No place to stay, so I car camped. I ran most of the Alpine Loop over a couple of days. The King Quad 750 does not like to run or start or accelerate at these high altitudes (12,800'). Fun trip but very tiring and planned poorly. Here's some pictures.
Sky Plant Cloud Mountain Plant community
Cloud Mountain Sky Natural landscape Slope
Cloud Sky Mountain Plant People in nature
Mountain Cloud Plant Sky Plant community
Tire Wheel Cloud Land vehicle Sky
Cloud Sky Plant Mountain Natural landscape
Cloud Sky Plant Plant community Mountain
Mountain Sky Cloud Natural landscape Slope
Sky Mountain Cloud Slope Vehicle

Attachments

·
Administrator
8,938 Posts
Wow, those are some stuff stunning pics. Looks like you had a good time.

·
Administrator
8,938 Posts
Wow, those are some stuff stunning pics. Looks like you had a good time.
Nope, you should be just fine. It’s when you get into the extreme cold that thicker oil becomes a issue. Suzuki actually make a 20w50 motorcycle oil. I glanced at it once, but the salesman just told me to stick with the 10w40. I wasn’t literally going to get it, it be pointless where I live. Our freezing temps during the winter would turn the 20w50 into a solid block. I’ve already seen how 10w40 reacts in freezing temps. It literally turns into molasses.

·
Registered
'86 LT230S QuadSport, '19 KingQuad 500
18 Posts
I've noticed that on both of my KQ's, a 500 and a 750, they both get a bit hard to start above about 11,000 feet elevation, but once started they run just fine. I wonder if the computer compensates for that in some way. My base elevation - where I live - is 5,800 feet and I've never ridden below that elevation, so now I'm wondering if I'll have a rocket ship on my hands if I ever ride someplace lower. :)

·
Super Moderator
839 Posts
Just got back from a solo ATV trip at Lake City, Colorado. It was packed! No place to stay, so I car camped. I ran most of the Alpine Loop over a couple of days. The King Quad 750 does not like to run or start or accelerate at these high altitudes (12,800'). Fun trip but very tiring and planned poorly. Here's some pictures.

I am always impressed with the scenery I view when I am on a trip. It doesn’t matter where I ride in Pennsylvania, or West Virginia, it’s beautiful. However…….. your pictures make me almost ashamed to show mine. Great work. Absolutely beautiful!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts