Suzuki ATV Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
That’s a sweet looking trailer. How much does the overall trailer weigh..?
Trailer weighs 500 lbs. It's designed to pull 3 dirt bikes or 2 big bikes. Here's 2 big bikes...
Also, I just noticed my Kenda Bear Claw HTR tire is cracking along the side wall. I'll send pictures to Kenda & let everybody know how they handle it. Tires only have 300-500 easy miles on them.
IMG_0881 (1).JPG
IMG_2801.JPG
IMG_2802.JPG

·
Super Moderator
8,708 Posts
They HTR’s are actually splitting, wow. I think that’s the first I’ve heard of that happening for that particular tire. Is it happening on any of your other tires or just one..?

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Look more like they were cut by something.

·
Registered
191 Posts
They HTR’s are actually splitting, wow. I think that’s the first I’ve heard of that happening for that particular tire. Is it happening on any of your other tires or just one..?
Just the one tire on the front. The bike has a really easy life and is ridden gingerly. No rocks or marring anywhere. Here's another picture of the damaged tire. It still has the spike things on it and looks almost new still.

IMG_2800 (1).JPG

·
Super Moderator
8,708 Posts
Well at least it’s just one tire. Still sucks either way so hopefully Kenda will pay for a replacement. Guess you must of got a dud tire. Haven’t heard any real complaints about the HTR’s at all. I think your the first.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Update:
Kenda gave me a 50% off code to use to purchase a replacement tire on their site. Kendas site has them listed for 50% higher than other sites, plus $24 for shipping under $100. So I bought a set of dirt bike tires and tubes in addition to the atv tire to help offset the higher price on their website.
They did say the damage was from running too much pressure. The bike calls for 5.1 psi, but I run 6.5 with these tires. Not sure if that would cause the tire sidewall to split though.

·
Registered
2006 King Quad 700. 25" Bighorn originals. Highlifter springs. Twin air. Coop 3+. Dalton clutch kit
95 Posts
6.5 psi is not excessive. Safe to say SxS users would be running a lot more. And they are twice as heavy

·
Registered
349 Posts
They did say the damage was from running too much pressure. The bike calls for 5.1 psi, but I run 6.5 with these tires. Not sure if that would cause the tire sidewall to split though.
I'm wondering if whoever mounted your tires got a little carried away inflating them while attempting to seat them. IMO 6.5 PSI should not have done that and in generally sxs run around 8-12PSI.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just put the HTR's on my 2018 750 king and I'm not happy. At around 50 mph they shake pretty bad and it just gets worse from there. I've never balanced ATV tires before but I may have to. We're leaving for Hatfield and McCoy tomorrow morning so I hope there's not a lot of fast road riding down there.

·
Registered
2020 KingQuad 750
41 Posts
I just put the HTR's on my 2018 750 king and I'm not happy. At around 50 mph they shake pretty bad and it just gets worse from there. I've never balanced ATV tires before but I may have to. We're leaving for Hatfield and McCoy tomorrow morning so I hope there's not a lot of fast road riding down there.
I recently went with new tires on new rims. I bought an old hub on ebay for 10 bucks and it cleaned up mint. I put it on each rim before I mounted the new tire and checked it on my static balancer I use for my motorcycle tires. The rims were all pretty good. I balanced them after mounting each tire and they were still all pretty good. I was really surprised how pretty close they were to balance. They also looked perfect side to side. I used somewhere between 2 and 3 ounces per tire and they balanced out nice. I'm really not sure if that actually made a difference, but the tires were smooth as silk at 50 mph on pavement. They were Sedona Mud Rebel RT's.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts