Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, recently got a new 2021 KQ 500AXI, with the aluminum MAG wheels. I’m looking at a tire upgrade, and I’ve narrowed it down to two options. The ITP Mudlite XTR Radial, or the Kenda Bearclaw HTR K587.
My main question, or concern, is size. Should I go F26x9x12 R26x11x12, 1” taller and wider than stock, or stick with the F25x8x12 R25x10x12 stock size?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well if you are still interested in getting this stuff 2021 KQ 500AXI Tire upgrade I have a friend who might have for sale you can kindly text him on his Gmail address

[email protected]

Good luck

Sent from my itel P13 Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006 King Quad 700. 25" Bighorn originals. Highlifter springs. Twin air. Coop 3+. Dalton clutch kit
91 Posts
I have the 26" XTR's. Awesome tire for ride and traction. They do measure small at 25" with 4lbs air in rear and 6lbs in front. They also weigh under spec to. 25lbs for front and 30lbs for rear. For me it is perfect

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the 26" XTR's. Awesome tire for ride and traction. They do measure small at 25" with 4lbs air in rear and 6lbs in front. They also weigh under spec to. 25lbs for front and 30lbs for rear. For me it is perfect
you don’t think the extra weight will be a problem with the 500AXI? I must add I am I big person, 6’2” 250lbs! Lol

·
Registered
175 Posts
Kenda Bear Claw HTR's don't allow my 750 to slide at all really. I would have like a slippier tire so I could swing the bike around. They are very durable and inspire confidence on rocky trails though. I stuck with stock size; didn't want any issues. I wouldn't worry about a lack of power either. It may zap a little acceleration, but you'll acclimate to it quickly.

·
Super Moderator
8,586 Posts
Kenda Bear Claw HTR's don't allow my 750 to slide at all really. I would have like a slippier tire so I could swing the bike around. They are very durable and inspire confidence on rocky trails though. I stuck with stock size; didn't want any issues. I wouldn't worry about a lack of power either. It may zap a little acceleration, but you'll acclimate to it quickly.
View attachment 20986
I’m looking at getting the HTR’s this summer once I sell my boat. I’m still struggling and undecided on wether I want to up the sizes to 26”, or just stay with the stock sizes as to not affect performance. I know 26” HTR’s will affect performance somewhat across the board. And also increase my centre of gravity, which is something I may not want to do if I ride with the wife on the back. I also don’t want to shim or do any serious modding to the clutch. So staying stock may be my best bet. Let me know when you get a little more trail time with the 25” HTR’s Texas and give me your honest feedback. I’d really appreciate it.

·
Registered
2006 King Quad 700. 25" Bighorn originals. Highlifter springs. Twin air. Coop 3+. Dalton clutch kit
91 Posts
you don’t think the extra weight will be a problem with the 500AXI? I must add I am I big person, 6’2” 250lbs! Lol
They will indeed affect your acceleration. Every pound does. But they are shorter and lighter than 26" HTR's if those two are your options.
If you are looking more for performance then go with 25" HTR's or Bighorns. Both have awesome reviews and measure true to size. I run 25" Bighorn originals also for my 2nd set and absolutely love them for the trails

·
Registered
91 Posts
Texas 123, that is a cute trailer. Ain't never seen one like that

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hey everyone, recently got a new 2021 KQ 500AXI, with the aluminum MAG wheels. I’m looking at a tire upgrade, and I’ve narrowed it down to two options. The ITP Mudlite XTR Radial, or the Kenda Bearclaw HTR K587.
My main question, or concern, is size. Should I go F26x9x12 R26x11x12, 1” taller and wider than stock, or stick with the F25x8x12 R25x10x12 stock size?
My vote is for the Kenda Bearclaw HTR, I've been on trail runs with people who had both and feel its a better all around tire. What kind of use are you looking to do with your quad? As for size you will take about a 20% weight penalty going to 26" so you will probably notice it but not enough to be a concern.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My vote is for the Kenda Bearclaw HTR, I've been on trail runs with people who had both and feel its a better all around tire. What kind of use are you looking to do with your quad? As for size you will take about a 20% weight penalty going to 26" so you will probably notice it but not enough to be a concern.
Thanks for the reply. I think I’m going to go with the bearclaw HTR, just haven’t decided on size yet.
I am going to be using it mostly for hunting in the big woods, I live in northern Ontario. Anything from bedrock to bog holes in terms of terrain. Most of the trails I’m on I cut out with the chain saw so they can be a little rough. Definitely not trying to get buried in mud or water, but there is the occasional spot we have to go through. I like the 26” for a bit more ground clearance, and a little bit of a wider stance/stability.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Well even a 25" Bearclaw HTR weighs in about 30% heaver than stock but I think the extra weight is worth the trade off in trail performance.

·
Super Moderator
8,586 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,586 Posts
Not quite as far north as you. Pointe au Baril, a bit south of Sudbury.
Oh ok. I actually bought my 2019 KQ 750 last year in Sudbury. You probably know it, Sudbury Boat & Canoe.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone, just waiting to hear back from my tire guy in regards to the Bearclaw HTR in 26-9-12 and 26-11-12. I won’t have any rubbing in the wheel well with this set up?

·
Super Moderator
8,586 Posts
You shouldn’t have any rubbing issues. I believe Js7FIFTY runs the 26” HTR’s, and I haven’t heard him say they rub or anything.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I actually run 27" Maxxis Zillas but they are rated the same width and never had any rubbing. You can typically go up to 28" tire before you risk rubbing in spots depending on the manufacture so can't imagine you will have any issues with the 26".

·
Registered
91 Posts
Glad I bought my tires last year. Prices are climbing fast. Yikes

·
Super Moderator
8,586 Posts
That’s a sweet looking trailer. How much does the overall trailer weigh..?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts