Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 KQ 750
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

2020 KQ 750 & 500 just hit 20 hrs/100ish mi and will be servicing both using Ecstar and Mobil 424. Talked to dealer who "believes" factory fill is semi-synthetic and am wondering if I should refill with the same? Will be going full synthetic but am not sure if I should do that yet or next service after a few more hrs/mi with semi if that is indeed even the factory fill?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
226 Posts
When I asked my dealer about the factory oil he said it was just conventional oil and they mostly sell the conventional oil change kits at their shop. I would say if you plan on switching to full synthetic then I would go ahead, you've completed the break-in procedure at this point.

·
Registered
2020 KQ 750
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I asked my dealer about the factory oil he said it was just conventional oil and they mostly sell the conventional oil change kits at their shop. I would say if you plan on switching to full synthetic then I would go ahead, you've completed the break-in procedure at this point.
That's what I would figure but I've read a few differing opinions on the subject. It would seem to me that whatever the oil, if it meets xxx standards, it should be fine.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I've heard differing opinions as well over the years and feel a lot of it is just hearsay.

·
Super Moderator
7,955 Posts
I’ve used conventional Suzuki brand atv oil I’m my 300 KQ since new with no issues. With my 750, I plan to use whatever it is they put in it. Im sure Synthetic has it’s advantages, though I don’t plan on switching since I’ve done well using conventional Suzuki brand oil all these years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Personally,
I use the Shell Rotella T6 15W40 synthetic oil. It's cheap and pretty easy to find. Considering it's a full synthetic oil and from what I understand meets the Suzuki warranty requirement I didn't see an issue. Motor runs smooth using this oil. However, I am sure you will hear many different opinions on the subject.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts