Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a lift kit that will work on my 2020 king quad and I just can’t seem to find one at all

·
Super Moderator
520 Posts
I am looking for a lift kit that will work on my 2020 king quad and I just can’t seem to find one at all
Welcome to the forum.

A few questions. Is this an EPS model? Is it an SE? How much of a lift are you looking for?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does not have power steering at all really only looking for 2” maybe 2.5 “ that is all

·
Super Moderator
520 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,268 Posts
Though people have been using lift kits for years, there’s a few things you should consider. The first is adding a lift kit changes your centre of gravity. The added height makes the quad top heavy. So in off camber situations the risk of tipping over increases. A lift kit also changes overall handling. High speed cornering also increases the chance of a roll over as well. Lifts will give you that extra ground clearance you desire. But there are some cons to installing them. By installing a lift, you’re also adding extra strain on some driveline components. The main component being the axles. The higher the lift, the more strain the axles are under. This in turn can lead to axle failures. Over the years I’ve heard heard many discussions regarding lift kits. And everybody was pretty much on the same page. If your going to do a lift, try to go with a lift no bigger then 2”. Mainly to avoid strain on your driveline which could ruin your day out on the trails. And welcome to the Forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
520 Posts
Though people have been using lift kits for years, there’s a few things you should consider. The first is adding a lift kit changes your centre of gravity. The added height makes the quad top heavy. So in off camber situations the risk of tipping over increases. A lift kit also changes overall handling. High speed cornering also increases the chance of a roll over as well. Lifts will give you that extra ground clearance you desire. But there are some cons to installing them. By installing a lift, you’re also adding extra strain on some driveline components. The main component being the axles. The higher the lift, the more strain the axles are under. This in turn can lead to axle failures. Over the years I’ve heard heard many discussions regarding lift kits. And everybody was pretty much on the same page. If your going to do a lift, try to go with a lift no bigger then 2”. Mainly to avoid strain on your driveline which could ruin your day out on the trails. And welcome to the Forum.

I am really glad you said this. I didn‘t want to rain on a new members parade, but I agree 110%.

Many years ago I managed an off-road / custom truck shop. We did lifts, drops, push bars, running boards, light bars, sun roofs...... The latter of which is non reversible. Whenever it came to lifts and drops, I always told the customer to take his old parts with him in case he wanted to revert to stock. Most of the time people replied by asking why they would ever go back to stock. Often those same people would call months later and ask if we still had their old parts. We would laugh and tell them to check a local scrap metal recycler .

Suzuki went to great lengths to engineer the proper ride height. They even tilted the engine back and relocated the fuel tank on later models to achieve a lower C of G. I have been on trails that were so challenging I welcomed the revisions.

To each his own. I’m loving life with stock height. I like keeping the shiny part up.

·
Super Moderator
8,268 Posts
I am really glad you said this. I didn‘t want to rain on a new members parade, but I agree 110%.

Many years ago I managed an off-road / custom truck shop. We did lifts, drops, push bars, running boards, light bars, sun roofs...... The latter of which is non reversible. Whenever it came to lifts and drops, I always told the customer to take his old parts with him in case he wanted to revert to stock. Most of the time people replied by asking why they would ever go back to stock. Often those same people would call months later and ask if we still had their old parts. We would laugh and tell them to check a local scrap metal recycler .

Suzuki went to great lengths to engineer the proper ride height. They even tilted the engine back and relocated the fuel tank on later models to achieve a lower C of G. I have been on trails that were so challenging I welcomed the revisions.

To each his own. I’m loving life with stock height. I like keeping the shiny part up.
When it comes to lift kits, I’ve always been one to point out the cons of adding lifts. It’s not that I want to rain on anyone’s parade. I mainly state the cons of adding lifts or doing any kind of serious modifications so whomever is thinking about going down this route is well informed. Like you mentioned John, Suzuki engineers spend a lot of time getting everything well tuned to give you an exceptional well rounded atv. Any modifications big or small has it’s advantages and disadvantages. But when it comes to bigger modifications. It is good to be well informed on how it will effect your atv’s handling characteristics as well as effect it mechanically.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts