Suzuki ATV Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2021 that's not a month old yet and my front brakes make noise but rear brakes don't. Same thing with the front, if I barely hit them it stops

I'm still trying to deal with the fact that I paid $1000 for power steering that doesn't make it easier to steer

·
Registered
10 Posts
The power steering could give a little more assistance, I wonder if there's a way to turn it up a bit. That said, when I ride my non power steering Arctic Cat back to back with my King Quad, there's no doubting that the power steering is working.

·
Super Moderator
1,310 Posts
The power steering could give a little more assistance, I wonder if there's a way to turn it up a bit. That said, when I ride my non power steering Arctic Cat back to back with my King Quad, there's no doubting that the power steering is working.
To my knowledge the power steering is not adjustable.

Just to clarify because there is a tremendous amount of confusion about the power steering on these models………. The power steering isn’t designed to feel like power steering. It is designed to offset the amount of effort required to move the handlebars (steer) over non power steering models. The changes in caster angle with power steering models make them harder to steer. The power steering offsets that change in suspension geometry.

If it were possible to install power steering on a previously built “non EPS unit” you would truly have power steering.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm not really complaining about the steering effort, it is much better than not having it. But it would be nice when doing the slow speed work like snow plowing if it felt more like my neighbor's sportsman. That thing is 2 finger steering.
I know there's no adjusting the steering module from the dash, but I wonder if hooked up with a dealer service tool, there was reprogramming or adjustment possible?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I see my I somehow didn't post my first comment on this thread. I had mentioned the rear end in my 19 750 gets rather noisy when the oil is warm, to the point of unsettling if I'm pulling my drag. The oil looks fine and I'm not going to worry about it. When I change the fluid I think I'll use a heavier weight trans oil, see if that helps.

·
Registered
329 Posts
When i bought my 2021 i test rode a non power steering model and a power steering model and the power steering made it much easier to turn. I was so impressed with the power steering i dropped the extra $1,000 to get it. I regularly ride it at top speed of 67-68mph on paved country back roads and it steers fine at speed as well.

I have seen youtube reviews of the early testers complaining about how much the power steering sucked on the 2019. Test riders were bashing it hard and telling Suzuki they needed to make it more powerful. Not sure if Suzuki listened and fixed it by the time i bought mine or not. Mine steers great though.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have considered that, this place has sold a pile of Suzuki’s...I’d hope they know what to use. The only stuff I’d have access to is the John Deere Hy Gard that I use in our equipment. From what I’ve read it’s as good or better than the oil they come with.

I was looking into using John Deere Hy Gard since i can get it easy and cheap. But after reading about problems with the wet brake i guess i will just pay through the nose for Suzuki stuff and wait for it to be shipped.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I have a 2020 King Quad 750 with the same raspy noise when deaccelerating often downhill. My dealer told me it is the engine braking. When I tap the rear brake the noise goes away. Super annoying, any other thoughts?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts