Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum... I just bought a 2020 750 the other day and love everything about it except this annoying, light grinding, metallic noise coming from the rear brake. It’s really noticeable when I’m decelerating but makes the noise most all the time. If I lightly touch the rear brake either hand or foot pedal the noise goes away. The brakes work great, I’ve tried adjusting them both ways. If I adjust them really tight it happens less, but they aren’t meant to be run with such little free play. Anyone else had this issue? The dealer is 3 hours away so it’s not convienent to run it in, but I will if I have to. If I jack it up and run it I get nothing, must need a load to make the noise. Any ideas? Yes I did check rear diff, it’s full of oil.

·
Registered
2006 King Quad 700. 25" Bighorn originals. Highlifter springs. Twin air. Coop 3+. Dalton clutch kit
95 Posts
I wonder if the correct oil was used ??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have considered that, this place has sold a pile of Suzuki’s...I’d hope they know what to use. The only stuff I’d have access to is the John Deere Hy Gard that I use in our equipment. From what I’ve read it’s as good or better than the oil they come with.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Yes, tractor wet brake oil would work in a pinch but I stick with OEM oils.
As inconvenient as it I would take it back to dealer (Warranty).

Not sure but I would think the oil is put in at the factory and not a dealer.
Hard to believe factory put in the wrong oil. As a PDI (pre delivery inspection) item the dealer may check level.

·
Super Moderator
8,708 Posts
If it concerns you I’d get it looked at while it’s still under warranty. I know it’s inconvenient having to go 3 hours to get it looked at. Though it may be better to get it looked at even if it’s nothing. At least it’ll give you piece of mind. I bought my 2019 at a dealer 4 hours and 20 minutes away from where I live. Luckily I’m able to get it serviced by any authorized Suzuki dealer for any warranty work that is needed. Which is good seeing I have two Suzuki dealers under an hour away. Make it one seeing I had poor customer service at one place and told myself I’d never go back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 King Quad 750/ 2009 King Quad 750
10 Posts
It sounds like the brakes plates are rubbing. It definitely shouldn’t be doing that.
You can try loosing the adjustment screw one turn on both, and see if that corrects the problem.

The fluid would not be bad right from the factory. Or at least highly unlikely, and that wouldn’t cause your issue

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have tried adjusting it every way possible. Well I just got off the phone with the dealer I bought it from, took me 5 minutes to convince them it had a wet brake system :oops:. Needless to say I'm not bringing it back there. I can't believe the lack of knowledge at a dealer. I'll call the other dealer in my area tomorrow, see how that goes, guess I should have stuCb with my Honda’s.:confused:

·
Registered
621 Posts
Wow, that’s terrible and scary. Wonder if the dealer actually did a PDI? Maybe they could have caught it before delivery to you the customer? Seems apparent now that more could have been missed since they have the audacity to question if it has a wet brake!
Yeah, best find a good dealer , my dealer is excellent . it’s a great bike, unfortunately all dealers are not equal or worthy....

Reactions: Twin750KQs

·
Registered
349 Posts
I'll call the other dealer in my area tomorrow, see how that goes, guess I should have stuCb with my Honda’s
Unfortunately stuff can happen even to Honda's, but it does sound like you got stuck with a bad dealer. Mine was extremely thorough and easy to deal with. Hopefully your next dealer experience is better.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, more great news. My closest dealer is 7 weeks out and not taking appts. I have to drop it off and wait 7-8 weeks before they look at it. I called another dealer and got an appt for 4 weeks out. I sure didn’t buy a new atv to leave it at a dealer for 2 months, what a joke. I guess I’ll keep driving it and if it breaks I’ll bring it in.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Well, more great news. My closest dealer is 7 weeks out and not taking appts. I have to drop it off and wait 7-8 weeks before they look at it. I called another dealer and got an appt for 4 weeks out. I sure didn’t buy a new atv to leave it at a dealer for 2 months, what a joke. I guess I’ll keep driving it and if it breaks I’ll bring it in.
Are you sure it's the brakes and not something else? Wet brakes usually don't make noise since they're immersed in oil. It may be something simple. I'd lift it up and put my hands on everything under there, feeling for something that could make that noise.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've tried that, cant find anything. I've even jacked it up and ran it but I don't get any noise when it's up in the air. The fact that the noise quits when I touch the brake makes me think it has to be brake related...the more I run it I'm beginning to think it might be differential related and when I hit the brake I'm loading the diff which is tightening up whatever is loose.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I would contact Suzuki directly perhaps they can contact the dealer on your behalf, if Suzuki has any kind of PR department they might be able to get you in sooner or maybe offer you something for your troubles.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, I tried that approach...Suzuki said they have no pull whatsoever with the dealers scheduling and that I pretty much have to wait and get it looked at. I let them know how I felt and that I’ll probably not own another Suzuki if this is how they take care of their customers. Looks like I’m riding it as is...😠

·
Registered
621 Posts
Well since your in a bind and your gonna ride it, did you check the rear diff fluid level?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought a new 2020 750 as well... It does not make any noises like you've described. Sorry :/ I hope you figure it out soon!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the exact same machine and I have the same exact problem, called my dealer and he said it was something in the brake system, said to run it up to speed and then brake hard. I have had this sound in both my trucks (Toyota, Ford) and it was something between the brake pad and roter. it went away after while on both trucks. No damage to the roter on the Ford. I will find out about the toyota next week.
I am not an expert on these wet brake atvs but I am would try the above before I sent in my machine to the dealer. I will be riding this weekend. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the exact same machine and I have the same exact problem, called my dealer and he said it was something in the brake system, said to run it up to speed and then brake hard. I have had this sound in both my trucks (Toyota, Ford) and it was something between the brake pad and roter. it went away after while on both trucks. No damage to the roter on the Ford. I will find out about the toyota next week.
I am not an expert on these wet brake atvs but I am would try the above before I sent in my machine to the dealer. I will be riding this weekend. Good luck.
I have the same thing on my 2021. My 2015
Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum... I just bought a 2020 750 the other day and love everything about it except this annoying, light grinding, metallic noise coming from the rear brake. It’s really noticeable when I’m decelerating but makes the noise most all the time. If I lightly touch the rear brake either hand or foot pedal the noise goes away. The brakes work great, I’ve tried adjusting them both ways. If I adjust them really tight it happens less, but they aren’t meant to be run with such little free play. Anyone else had this issue? The dealer is 3 hours away so it’s not convienent to run it in, but I will if I have to. If I jack it up and run it I get nothing, must need a load to make the noise. Any ideas? Yes I did check rear diff, it’s full of oil.
Did you find a solution to this? My new one does the same and at 200km the diff oil was black and its never been in mud or water.

·
Registered
2006 King Quad 700. 25" Bighorn originals. Highlifter springs. Twin air. Coop 3+. Dalton clutch kit
95 Posts
My bike is a year old now with 2900km. It has made the exact noise from day one. I chased loose exhaust bolts and shroud and all checked out. Hard deceleration is the loudest and light brake pressure almost totally eliminates it. Dealer said to check oil and bring it in if I want. After 2000km oil was perfect with no cuttings. I got lazy as dealer was a couple of hours away. Warranty is up now... Funny, I commented on this post 2 weeks before I bought the bike. Now it is front and center and look at the people with the same problem.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts