Suzuki ATV Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Yes, i did get that hook, but I dont really see the point of hooking the end of my winch onto it and then hooking it to the plow frame. Plus, its too long to use anyway ... the fat end of the cable hits the fairlead.
I never tried it without the extension, I assume it was included so you don't accidently drive the directional handle into any front bumper you might have added when lifting it. I know with it installed the handle comes close to the Suzuki front bumper. If I get time I may go try it without or at least measure to see how close the handle is to the bumper.

·
Registered
2020 KingQuad 750
116 Posts
You're probably right .. the handle comes very close to the brush guard (mm's away) if you raise it all the way up... but that is really high. That plow goes up plenty high. I think its going to be fine. I can actually hear the winch starting to strain before the handle gets really close so I'll use that as my guide. Maybe a rubber stopper that hits the fairlead will be good. I got the base unit 750 at a great price, so no power steering. I haven't had the need for it at all with the 300 miles I've put on it since new, but I'm wondering how the plowing is going to be without it. I can feel it a little just driving around on pavement with the plow up. We shall see!!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
The Suzuki bumper has a bar going right across the front, if your only a few mm away it probably would hit the Suzuki bumper. I have some hills on my property so a little extra height wouldn't be bad especially if I have items on the front rack. I can't see plowing being hard without power steering unless you plan on pushing snow while doing lots tight turns with diff lock on.😁 I'm going to try mine out tomorrow, got about a 12" of snow today and its still coming down will also get to see just how well it starts in 10F weather.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
The distance from the blade direction handle to the front of the factory Suzuki bumper is about 2", given the included extension is about 6" it would definitely hit the bumper without it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm recovering from Covid, so I've had A LOT of time to research. I was set on the warn ProVantage setup with my Viper 3500 winch on my 2020 KQ, but this is the first time I've seen the Suzuki plow setup and I LOVE what I see. I think I'm going this route, you guys pretty much answered all of my concerns with a brush guard as well. Thank you!!!

BTW how are your plows doing? Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 KingQuad 750
116 Posts
I think the setup works Great ... but its my first ever 4 wheeler and first ever plow so I have nothing to compare it to. No issues though. We've had 2 plowable storms so far ... the second was a little over a foot and real powdery and the machine and plow went thru it like it was air. It is really fun plowing with this King Quad! I did both my neighbors and the guy down at the end of the road. So, I ordered all three pieces together on line from PartZilla and it was shipped (free) freight right to my house in just under 3 weeks from ordering, all in one nice large tidy box packed perfectly and left on a pallet in my driveway. Assembly is Easy Peasy (although installing on a new machine probably made it easier). I have noticed that both end corners of the wear bar on the bottom of the plow have bent a little. That wear bar might be made of cheesy metal. I have found a replacement that is supposed to be made of a little better steel.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I'm recovering from Covid, so I've had A LOT of time to research. I was set on the warn ProVantage setup with my Viper 3500 winch on my 2020 KQ, but this is the first time I've seen the Suzuki plow setup and I LOVE what I see. I think I'm going this route, you guys pretty much answered all of my concerns with a brush guard as well. Thank you!!!

BTW how are your plows doing? Thanks!
The plow is holding up fine, I noticed a few dings in the wear bar but that's not unexpected. I have a long gravel driveway that isn't perfectly level so hit high spots from time to time, I also use it to plow paths around the barn, sheds and make a run area for the dogs so it gets a fair bit of use.

Reactions: KQ750rider

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wondering if you guys have any feedback on the factory plow and mounts now that over a year has passed by. I just got a 21 King Quad 750 and looking for options.

·
Registered
2020 KingQuad 750
116 Posts
Just wondering if you guys have any feedback on the factory plow and mounts now that over a year has passed by. I just got a 21 King Quad 750 and looking for options.
The factory plow setup has been working perfectly for me. I am very happy with it.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Is it just me or are we not allowed to mention another manufacture's name? (kolpin)

I don't think so.... I looked at kolpin plows before i bought my KFI. I ended up going with the KFI because it was made of thick steel and i thought it would last longer and not rust out. I have never seena kolpin plow in person but they look like they are made of stamped sheetmetal. I was worried with the rock salt and moisture it wouldent last as long or would require more maintenance. But the KFI plows are very heavy and i would like the weight savings of something lighter.

·
Registered
2020 KingQuad 750
116 Posts
Nice! Just let us know if you have any questions regarding the install. It's pretty simple and straight forward.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts