Suzuki ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get a snow plow setup for my KingQuad and in the past I have just purchased the Warn setup for previous quads. However the Suzuki one they released for the 2019+ looks well built and has a nice clean connection system. I wouldn't mind hearing from others who have purchased/used it and their thoughts on it. So far the general pricing around here has it about 40% more expensive than Warn so I guess I'm trying to justify the price. 馃榿

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I went ahead and purchased the Suzuki plow setup and picked it up this past Friday. Still haven't attached the mounting bracket on the quad yet but managed to unbox and assemble the push bar/blade components in about a hour. If anyone has any questions or would like a picture of something of it let me know.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've used Warn before (Mid Mount) on another quad and it held up great over numerous winters. I will say though that the Suzuki plow system feels better built in every regard though.

Registered
2020 KingQuad 750
Well I went ahead and purchased the Suzuki plow setup and picked it up this past Friday. Still haven't attached the mounting bracket on the quad yet but managed to unbox and assemble the push bar/blade components in about a hour. If anyone has any questions or would like a picture of something of it let me know.
Hello and First post here. Just bought a 2020 750. I am interested in this new mounting bracket. Does this one mount in the front ... not requiring the removal and modification of the skid plate? I cant seem to find it anywhere online. I can only find the one that fits the 2008 - 2018 ... Plow Base Assembly - part number # 990A0-45074. I'm guessing that this one will fit the 2020 as well, but I dont know if it bolts right on to the frame or not ... without modification or does it need another bracket to attach to the frame and removal of the skid plate? Any help would be Appreciated!! Thanks for your Time! John

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I am interested in this new mounting bracket. Does this one mount in the front ... not requiring the removal and modification of the skid plate?
The Warn plow setup for the 2008 - 2018 will also work with the 2019+ as well. Regarding the Suzuki 2019+ plow mount, yes it mounts to the front and yes you have to remove the front skid plate. The Suzuki skid plate isn't one piece, you remove the small front skid plate section and completely replace it with the steel plow mount. Unlike the Warn mount the Suzuki one is one piece and attaches with 8 bolts directly to the frame.

Regardless if you go the Warn or Suzuki option both have 3 parts you need to get, first is the mount which attaches to the front or mid section of the quad, second the plow base which attaches between the the mount and blade and 3rd the blade itself.

Registered
2020 KingQuad 750
Great! Thanks for the description. While I was mounting the winch, I noticed that the small skid plate in the front is separate from the main under-carriage one. That's nice that it's only the small one in front that needs to come off. I'm guessing that the Warn mount and the Suzuki mount pretty much mount in the same area of the machine.....using that front frame area behind and under the winch box. I'm also guessing that the newer Suzuki mount is only going to be available if I go and get it directly from a dealer, cause I've not found it anywhere on line. You mentioned earlier its about 40% more in cost from the Warn. I noticed the pictures above of the Warn set-up. It looks nice and clean to me.... but you mentioned the Suzuki appears very strong .. and clean as well. Thanks for your Help! Trying to decide what to get.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought mine at the dealership so probably not the best price out there plus being in Canada we always seem to pay more, you might be able to get a better price. The Warn and Suzuki both mount to the front though the Warn involves more work to install. In the end I went with Suzuki cause I like the one piece design, metal looked thicker and I also liked how it attached to the plow mount (no pins to lose or fiddle with). The Suzuki push bar also appears to use thicker metal with more supports same goes with the blade, which has creases which I assume to help with rigidity plus the rear supports are also quite thick.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No problem here are the part numbers for the 2019+ Suzuki setup, Plow Mount Part #: 990A0-45151, Plow Push Frame Part #: 990A0-45145 and 52鈥 Plow Blade Part #: 990A0-45155-052. I went for the 52" blade but if you want the the 60" blade just change the last 2 numbers to 60.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you go the Warn route you might want to check if it will clear everything if you decide to add a bumper later on, my dealer was pretty sure it would. :LOL:

Registered
2020 KingQuad 750
So I went with the new 2019 Suzuki Plow Setup. Thanks 7Fifty for the part numbers. Perfect. All 3 pieces came today. Very Nice! I went with the 52" blade. I'm going to study the installation sheets tonight and do the install this weekend. I'll snap some pics and post them up. This looks like a really nice setup. Looks very heavy duty.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice, if you have any problems let me know. It does go together easy, probably the only part that could be a issue is attaching the spring for the handle that changes blade direction unless you have a spring puller or something similar you could use. I don't know if your instructions are the same as mine but the photos they used could be better, looked like they were copies of copies.

Registered
2020 KingQuad 750
OK Thanks for that info about the spring for the handle. Actually that handle is the only part of the entire setup that looks a little cheesy. You're right about the instructions. I just scanned them and blew them up on the pc to try to get a better picture. The ones for the push frame assembly are kind of distorted... but it looks pretty self explanatory.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The handle is quite large and bulky compared to other brands, but I find it engages nicely and easy to use. I like that its larger, means less bending down to change directions and will be easier to get a grip on with thick gloves.

Registered
2020 KingQuad 750
Here's a couple pics of the frame mount and the push frame attached. I really like this setup. There are 8 bolts that hold the push frame mount to the frame. The push frame snaps right on and off very easy. Very cool how it works. A nice little piece of engineering. We'll see how it holds up.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I assume its for attaching a electric device to change the direction of the blade without getting off the quad however I haven't come across a Suzuki factory option for it yet but I'm fine doing it manually. It looks like you attached your winch cable directly to the push mount, did you not get the extension with the red hook?

Registered
2020 KingQuad 750
Thanks! I was thinking it was some kind of stabilizer bracket in case you wanted to keep the blade locked into one position or not ... but either way, I guess I'm not missing any pieces. Thanks for that. Yes, i did get that hook, but I dont really see the point of hooking the end of my winch onto it and then hooking it to the plow frame. Plus, its too long to use anyway ... the fat end of the cable hits the fairlead. So, I had bought a Bison brush guard before the plow pieces, but luckily, it fits just perfect with the plow mount. All I had to do was bend out the bottom brackets just a hair and it fit perfect. Bonus!! First time I've found myself hoping for snow...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts