Suzuki ATV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2019 750 KingQuad is having an FI light coming on and when it does the engine will surge up and down as it it is a fuel or electrical malfunction. I had the light come on the first time when it was holding back going down a hill and noticed it surging as if I were shutting the key off and on, or shutting off the fuel flow off and on, this was when the bike was still new. When I got down the hill I shut the bike off and restarted it and it was fine so when I took it into the dealer I mentioned it to them and they said that was unusual and it showed not codes. Going forward and few km it is doing it again and the last time I was on a run it happened four different times and the LCD display had an FI show in the screen as well as the light was on. I called the dealer and the service department said if it showed in the LCD display it should have stored a code. I couldn't get in for two weeks for them to have a look at it so I took it to another Suzuki dealer further away from home and they kept for a 2 days and called me to say there was no codes stored and they contacted a Suzuki Technician and he stated he can't find any info on this problem as well. I have brought the bike home and have tried to contact some from Suzuki Canada and complain to them but that seems impossible to do. So I have a bike with 3,400 km on it that i'm afraid to take on a trail incase it quits all together as I am a senior almost 73 yr old and don't want to get into a situation of being stranded if i'm traveling by myself. I have posted my bike for sale when I got it home but that is something i'd rather not have to do as I do like the bike. Frustrated and discussed to the point I don't seem to have any other options. It is basically imposable to speak the a real Suzuki Representative in person.:mad::mad:

·
Registered
25 Posts
My 2019 750 KingQuad is having an FI light coming on and when it does the engine will surge up and down as it it is a fuel or electrical malfunction. I had the light come on the first time when it was holding back going down a hill and noticed it surging as if I were shutting the key off and on, or shutting off the fuel flow off and on, this was when the bike was still new. When I got down the hill I shut the bike off and restarted it and it was fine so when I took it into the dealer I mentioned it to them and they said that was unusual and it showed not codes. Going forward and few km it is doing it again and the last time I was on a run it happened four different times and the LCD display had an FI show in the screen as well as the light was on. I called the dealer and the service department said if it showed in the LCD display it should have stored a code. I couldn't get in for two weeks for them to have a look at it so I took it to another Suzuki dealer further away from home and they kept for a 2 days and called me to say there was no codes stored and they contacted a Suzuki Technician and he stated he can't find any info on this problem as well. I have brought the bike home and have tried to contact some from Suzuki Canada and complain to them but that seems impossible to do. So I have a bike with 3,400 km on it that i'm afraid to take on a trail incase it quits all together as I am a senior almost 73 yr old and don't want to get into a situation of being stranded if i'm traveling by myself. I have posted my bike for sale when I got it home but that is something i'd rather not have to do as I do like the bike. Frustrated and discussed to the point I don't seem to have any other options. It is basically imposable to speak the a real Suzuki Representative in person.:mad::mad:
Try a smaller repair shop instead of a dealer. my brother runs one here and runs into all kinds of odd issues on atvs, utvs, snowmobiles, and motorcycles. Dealers really only go by what's in their repair programing and not really versed in finding "Real world" problems. They read a code. The program tells them what to do. They do it and problem solved. If it doesn't they are lost. NOT ALL, but most. I've found these type of mechanics are more opt to look further into a cause than just plug in a laptop and follow the recipe on the screen.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try a smaller repair shop instead of a dealer. my brother runs one here and runs into all kinds of odd issues on atvs, utvs, snowmobiles, and motorcycles. Dealers really only go by what's in their repair programing and not really versed in finding "Real world" problems. They read a code. The program tells them what to do. They do it and problem solved. If it doesn't they are lost. NOT ALL, but most. I've found these type of mechanics are more opt to look further into a cause than just plug in a laptop and follow the recipe on the screen.
Thanks for your suggestion but it is still under warranty so I feel Suzuki should be responsible for finding the problem as I don't want to loose my coverage . If the bike wasn't under warranty I would do this . Thanks for your response.

·
Registered
2020 KingQuad 750
57 Posts
Thats Nice that your 2019 is still under warranty. Did you get it as a leftover, or did they give you more than a 1 year warranty?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No mine came with a 3 yr unlimited km warranty so it is still good till June 2022

·
Registered
224 Posts
Could have starved the fuel pump going down hill; maybe a low oil warning; or a tump over safety or a bad connection from flexing the chassis?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks for your suggestion but it is still under warranty so I feel Suzuki should be responsible for finding the problem as I don't want to loose my coverage . If the bike wasn't under warranty I would do this . Thanks for your response.
I did not know you still had warranty on it. The way you were describing the issues I thought the dealer was raking your wallet. Good luck to you. Hope they get this straightened out for you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Could have starved the fuel pump going down hill; maybe a low oil warning; or a tump over safety or a bad connection from flexing the chassis?
It definitely isn't low oil warning but it could be electrical and I suspect this may be the case however where it is under warranty I think Suzuki should be the ones to figure it out and there in lies my problem as they are telling me that they haven't encountered this problem before so I don't know where to turn next as the dealer are saying unless it shows a code they wouldn't know what to fix. I seem to be getting nowhere with Suzuki Canada as they are the ones i've turned to now. I may need to involve a lawyer next but I hate to do this but my patience is running low with this company. Thanks for your response.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did not know you still had warranty on it. The way you were describing the issues I thought the dealer was raking your wallet. Good luck to you. Hope they get this straightened out for you.
No the dealer just can't find the problem and basically told me they don't know what to do and in waiting for Suzuki Canada to come up with a solution I'm not using the machine as I am afraid of it breaking down in the back country. I parked it when the dealer told me to come and pick it up.
Thanks again for your response.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My latest update is that my KingQuad will no longer start and Suzuki has never gotten back to me so my next move is a lawyer. I'm just curious if anyone else on this forum has had issues with Suzuki not getting back to any of you about problems with their machines ? At this point I would never recommend a Suzuki to anyone as I am completely and totally discussed with Suzuki Canada. I have called them 3 times and sent 3 e-mails with not one reply, and have had two dealers check it and both times was told there is no codes showing so they don't know what to look for. Well sorry for going on about my problems but I don't know where else to vent or turn to as I seem to be out of options. Thanks

·
Registered
224 Posts
My latest update is that my KingQuad will no longer start and Suzuki has never gotten back to me so my next move is a lawyer. I'm just curious if anyone else on this forum has had issues with Suzuki not getting back to any of you about problems with their machines ? At this point I would never recommend a Suzuki to anyone as I am completely and totally discussed with Suzuki Canada. I have called them 3 times and sent 3 e-mails with not one reply, and have had two dealers check it and both times was told there is no codes showing so they don't know what to look for. Well sorry for going on about my problems but I don't know where else to vent or turn to as I seem to be out of options. Thanks
If it's currently not starting and it's under warranty, I'd take it to the dealer and throw a little fit since it's been there before & they couldn't replicate the problem. It may get you ahead in line since they've worked on the same issue in the past.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If it's currently not starting and it's under warranty, I'd take it to the dealer and throw a little fit since it's been there before & they couldn't replicate the problem. It may get you ahead in line since they've worked on the same issue in the past.
That is the problem they are telling me that there is no code showing so basically they don't know how to find the problem. They also contacted a Suzuki Rep and he informed them he has never heard of this problem before so they called me and told me to come and pick up my bike. Thanks; I am talking to a lawyer now for advice.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just a thought, i put gas in my King Quad for the first time today because it only had 1 bar left. When i unscrewed the cap there was either a vacuum or air pressure inside the tank. On old ATV tanks they always had a rubber tube coming off the fuel cap so it was easy to check for being plugged up or get water or dirt in. I was looking for the fuel tank vent line and i found what i think are 2 vent lines under the plastic at the rear of the ATV. I haven't even had mine in mud yet and i'm already thinking about buying more line and running them up to the front of the atv as high as i can where the air filter is.

So far i have not had any fuel starvation but the pressure difference in the tank is making me wonder if something is pinched somewhere. This would be an easy thing to test by leaving the cap loose and seeing if it will run. You might get lucky and it could be something easy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That is something I have already questioned the dealer about and they say it should have pressure there. The dealer has the bike in the shop and they are testing the fuel pressure as a possible problem. But your suggestion certainly does make sense. The dealer keeps saying there should be a code showing; but there isn't and it never has had a code showing. I told the dealer that if they can't find the problem that Suzuki should buy it back or replace it.Thanks for the suggestion though.

·
Registered
81 Posts
There is a code when the FI light is on. None when its not present. You have to jump two wires on the diagnostic plug to put it in dealer mode. The codes will come up then. But if the light goes out on its own so does the stored code. I had a issue with mine with the fuel pump and low fuel pressure. It backfired, stalled, turned the exaust blood red in a min idling from a cold start. That was at 23 lbs, 20 under what it needs! Mines a 08 model I think they are still the same basic setup.

hope this helps

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks and they did try the fuel pressures and they were all good, but I got a call from the dealer's mechanic and he say's he thinks my problem is with the battery and therefore causing the problem, so I told him to put a new one in and I will try it although this F/I light has came on once in a while since it was basically new. He said he checked the charging system and it was good also and claims he found on a Suzuki Forum that any slight fluctuation in the battery will cause this problem. So here's hoping he is correct. He also stated that even if the machine is running and the battery cable is disconnected it will quit instantly and the charging system will not keep it running on it's charging system. I always thought if it is producing 14.2 volts from it's charging system that should be sufficient enough to keep it running. I think Suzuki sucks if this is correct and I will not be purchasing another one after this one is done. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
He also stated that even if the machine is running and the battery cable is disconnected it will quit instantly and the charging system will not keep it running on it's charging system.
My 1999 Kawasaki Bayou 300 4x4 was like that. If the battery was disconnected it would die. But my 2007 Suzuki Vinson will run with the battery disconnected or a dead battery just by pull starting it. Both of those ATV's were carburated. I am not a electronic systems connoisseur but fuel injection might have something to do with it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My 1999 Kawasaki Bayou 300 4x4 was like that. If the battery was disconnected it would die. But my 2007 Suzuki Vinson will run with the battery disconnected or a dead battery just by pull starting it. Both of those ATV's were carburated. I am not a electronic systems connoisseur but fuel injection might have something to do with it.
I just got it back from the shop and they tell me they think the battery was the culprit but I haven't taken it for a run yet although I did try starting it again yesterday and it took a lot of whirling before it did start so I got a gut feeling the problem still exists. I am going on a run on the 23 rd so I will know more then. Thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts