Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seasons Greetings! Here I am with another question. Don with Ricochet has not been able to confirm 2018 skids will work on a 2019. E-mailing off and on for the past month, he said it would be after Christmas before he had access to a 2019 model. This all stems from Suzuki's comments about a newly reinforced or somehow different frame design.

My question is has anyone put a set of Ricochet skids on a 2019 model?

Thanks for your time!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We will soon know if the skids fit. Got a box in the garage from Ricochet.

Speaking of light bars, that center headlight has been driving me crazy. It can't see over the Box and I like The Box. We've rode over 10K miles together so far. I finally figured out how to use the light I had on the Grizzlee. I don't think it looks too bad.

Attachments

·
Registered
567 Posts
I just picked up a brand new 2019 KQ SE+ Matte Black yesterday (Dec.21). One of things I was very disappointed with is that Suzuki cheaped out on the front and rear a-arm guards . They do not cover the bottom of the a-arms like my previous Brute did , nor the Grizz & Kodiak for that matter. I guess they had to cut cost somewhere ! I see Suzuki has them on there site for $233 CAD a set.

·
Registered
14 Posts
One thing you guys may want to consider, I moved the bars up a good 4 inches since the 2019 bars are swept back a lot further than the previous bend, really gave me a lot more leverage.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I am very pleased to share with you that the 2018 model year skids fit perfectly on my 2019 Suzuki.
thanks Lee, glad to know the 2018 set fits. lookin good!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Suzukicycles.com accessories, but I see Oneida Suzuki is selling them online for $200 I think thats as good as it gets if you want one now, which I do.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've seen the tube on the right side to run the wires up front, but haven't mounting a winch yet.

·
Registered
37 Posts
dude it isnt "cheaping out". They have been that way and by design. Suzie obvioulsly thinks that holding rocks, sticks and mud in a cavernous trench is more of a risk to the cv boots and such than the added protection (basically none). I had grizzlies before and had many ripped boots due to Yam design of these. Suz is easier to clean and 0 ripped boots so far.

·
Registered
567 Posts
dude it isnt "cheaping out". They have been that way and by design. Suzie obvioulsly thinks that holding rocks, sticks and mud in a cavernous trench is more of a risk to the cv boots and such than the added protection (basically none). I had grizzlies before and had many ripped boots due to Yam design of these. Suz is easier to clean and 0 ripped boots so far.
@hiltongrizzly, I assume you are referring to my comment on the KQ a-arm guards. Really? They designed the stock that way, but on thier site the upgraded guards they want to sell you cover the full a-arm (like ALL other skid makers) guess they changed design for some strange reason on those..lol! I think your forgetting that another important function of skid plates are to protect the metal frame too, not just the vital organs. Not sure where you ride but were I go the bottom will surely get rock scrap, that being said with the Suki a-arm frame barely being covered by the stock a-arm guards, they will sustain rock to metal damage , leading to paint chips, dents and rust on the a-arm frame itself (front and rear) . This is far more of a concern to me, than cleaning and holding sticks/mud which I have not experienced or hear anyone around me complaining about. I like the rest of Zuki stock skids , they cover vital parts AND the frame well. For my intended use, I will certainly upgrade those cheesy a-arm guards buddy!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Ok so I bought some decent 4mm aluminum aftermarket front and rear a-arm guards for my 2019 KQ. They were half the price of Suzuki’s 4mm guards and look to be very good quality. Very easy to intall and the stock Suzuki screw points are still used. I’ve attached a few pics to highlight the difference vs stock guards from a bottom view angle also. Just waiting for the Suzuki front bumper I ordered to come in now.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi zuuk, great looking a arm guards there.... I just purchased a 2019 kQ also.. can you tell me where you purchased them? and what did they run
thanks!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts