Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has purchased the factory Suzuki front and rear brush guard for the 2019 kingquad 750 and if they were easy to install. I like the look of them from the pictures on the Suzuki website but didn't want a headache installing them. I only want them for protecting the front and rear plastic from little saplings while trail riding. OneidaSuzuki has them listed for $200 for the front and like $180 for the rear. Any help would be appreciated. Also wanted to know if they connect to the upper rack, it kinda looks like it front the pics.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wyno,
I'm in the same situation you are. I like the brushguards Suzuki shows but wondering how hard to install? I'm wondering the same about the front a arms.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The A-arm guards look easy to install, looks like 2 bolts like the plastic factory ones. I might just order the racks from the dealer and when I take it in for its first 200 mile oil change and so forth I'll have them install the racks. Or if someone buys them before hand and there easy to install I'll do that. I hate things that are a pain in the butt.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I found all OEM accessory bolt on to be on point and fairly simple, since they are made fit to their product. of course that is somewhat dependent on the users DYI skills/experience too. It’s when you get aftermarket accessories is where you could run into challenges and may have to make some modification, although they claim it fits your product. I will get the OEM Bumper little later. I need to upgrade the new KQ a-arm guards 1st, they are the only OEM in the 750 class I see that do no completely cover the bottom of the a-arms , front and rear (sucks!). Suzuki.ca has the aluminum sets for $233 + tx CAD for each pair (front/rear). I could get a whole set of 3/16 aluminum skids by Rival including under the foot board for $470+tx CAD from a local store. Guess what I’ll be getting, suffice to say I anticipate that I may need to modify a little, although they say it fits... but we’ll worth it..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome, let us know how the A-arm guards work out. They are next on my list of upgrades. Then some ITP Mudlites to set it all off.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Awesome, let us know how the A-arm guards work out. They are next on my list of upgrades. Then some ITP Mudlites to set it all off.
Will do Wyno. I had a set of Mudlites on my Brute, the thing was like a spider, crawl up or over anything :grin.

·
Registered
14 Posts
There's a guy here who has the factory front bumper and posted a picture of it here, it's on a black SE, looks great, general discussion forum, 2019 king quad page 1.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your naked pic is awesome, never seen one without the plastic on it. I do like those mud guards, might have to get some myself. Who makes your front brushguard, it looks great on there. Wonder if it would fit my 2019 model. Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi I just got my 19. I traded my 17 KQ Rugged Edition which came with both brush guards. They were mounted on each side of the frame a few inches behind where the winch would be, and at the rack (front). The back was very straight forward.

LET ME TELL YOU they are WELL worth their weight. These are super strong and durable. I rolled my Rugged Edition down a hill end over end , and then about 8 barrel rolls. The handlebars on the throttle side were bent, and thats IT. Absolutely stunned and amazed.

Does anyone know where the power wire is for the winch now?

·
Registered
37 Posts
those mud guards are available for the 19, but dont forget the mounting brackets (seperate) for the rears!
Have you figured out where the power wire is for the winch now?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi
Glad you found the pict interesting.

The bumper was installed at the dealer upon buying the KQ.
I looked at my sale slip and nothing mention about the manufacturer of the guard. Maybe it is Suzuki. Very sturdy. You should ask the dealer to see if it will fit.

The mud guard are from Suzuki.

I bought the service manual last summer. Part# 99500-47030-01E Too bad it is paper and not PDF a few hundred pages. Printed in 2013 and good for my KG2018, as for 2019, I would suggest the dealer advice.

I include a 2009 wire diagram for hiltongrizzly

I could scan the 2018 diagram depending of the model of your KQ, there are a few pages with diff models.

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just got my new Suzuki factory a-arm guards installed today. Took about 30 minutes to get them installed and they look really good. I got them from Oneida Suzuki. Then I hit the buy button and order the OEM front brushguard from them also. I hope the front brushguard goes on as easy as the a-arm guards did. I really like the look of the front brushguard, it looks really beefy. It will be here on Monday and I'll report back on how hard it is to install. I'll take some pics so everyone can get an up close view of it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wyno,
I just ordered front and rear bumpers and front and rear A-arm guards yesterday. They said about 1 week. A couple of questions for you: did you take the tires off to install them and what size wrench/s do you need. Anything tricky about the install or pretty straight forward. Thanks,

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You leave the tires on and I just laid on the ground to install them. 2 bolts on the front guards are allen bolts, I think 10mm. They are on the bottom and the other 2 bolts are regular socket, cant remember the size right now but they are the vertical part of the guards. The back guards only use 1 allen bolt on the bottom where the front uses 2. I'll check tomorrow the size of the socket I used and reply back. Let me know how the back brush guard goes on, looks like the plastic skid plate is covering the area where the back guard goes and it will have to be removed or cut a little to install. Very curious on this so please let me know once you get it installed. Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I received my front brushguard today and lucky for me my buddy showed up and we installed it in 15 minutes. Very simple with 2 people. The bottom of the brushguard has 4 bolt openings that attach to the winch plate. Take the 4 original winch plate bolts out, hold the winch up, slide the rack in and put the 4 new bolts and nuts on and slightly tighten to hold in place. The top of the rack has 2 bolt holes and it comes with 4 curved metal pieces that hook to each other and wrap around the factory rack on top and you put the bolt and nut on and then tighten all 6 bolts up and your done. Very impressed with the look and the quality of the front brushguard. Very beefy also. Next step is to work some OT and buy the back rack and the skid plates. I'll take some pics after I give it a bath when it warms up so everyone can see it. Any questions feel free to ask.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Looks great Wyno. I just ordered my OEM front bumper. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Looks great Wyno. I just ordered my OEM front bumper. Thanks for sharing!
I like the Bison Trail series bumper better than the stock for a couple of reasons. There's a plate welded between the down tubes that moves the winch fairlead out from underneath the stock plastic and it has some headlight protection.

Front Bumper1.jpg

Front bumper.jpg

·
Registered
301 Posts
Thanks mudbug. while I would agree on a little better protection, I’m not fond of how it looks vs OEM. I see your has done the job of protecting from the pics..😀

1 - 20 of 37 Posts