Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so guys i have a 2019 750 and its due for its first oil change and the manual says to consult dealship about resetting the oil change reminder they call suzuki and suzuki tells them a special mode tool is required to reset this reminder hour meter and if you change your oil and keep riding with the change oil light on it will go into limp mode until it has been reset so just wondering if anyone knows the procedure on how to do this yet thanks in advance
scott

·
Registered
525 Posts
Wow, is that just with the 2019 model? seems crazy to me that I would need to got to the dealer (or have to buy something)if maintenance minder comes on and I changed the oil myself.
thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
It's really a matter of jumping across two connections, and the more important matter of knowing which two. I received the switch and will share photos of what goes where soon as I can...

·
Registered
525 Posts
Cool, thanks Lee N! Looks like I’ll be getting that tool.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2019 king quad 500 that just hit 100 hours and the service reminder wrench is on the display. I assume the switch listed above is required to reset the service reminder on the 500's as well? Any more info on this process?
Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ordered the above switch to reset and get rid of the wrench symbol. Very simple and did the job. Reset the hour reminder to 100 hrs. Glad the switch was only around $15 but still stupid to need a special tool to reset the maintenance reminder or a trip to the dealer.
So far, I like the new 500KQ. I got the power steering and find it harder to steer than previous atv's I've had without eps. The eps does help in field ruts, keeping the bars from snatching or jerking, much like a steering stabilizer.
Main complaint is too much plastic covering every opening making the engine difficult to get to. I need to check valve clearance and dread doing it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sounds like the same as my 2019 KingQuad 500. The special tool sounds like an expensive paperclip - but how do you know exactly where to place the special tool probes?

·
Registered
525 Posts
See the link ( Service Reminder PDF ) Lee N kindly posted above in this thread. It’s basically a harness under your seat that the tool connects to.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Yeah, link seems dead now. I downloaded the PDF when the link was available, but can’t seem to find the PDF now. Anyhow, heres the same instructions my dealer provided me (attached).

Attachments

·
Registered
525 Posts
Looking good now Lee N !

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow, is that just with the 2019 model? seems crazy to me that I would need to got to the dealer (or have to buy something)if maintenance minder comes on and I changed the oil myself.
thanks
spoke to dealer and he wasn't thrilled about that either. He reset me for free and I ordered the dongle. just a small pain for a great bike

·
Registered
525 Posts
Yeah, not as bad as I thought . I did the 2nd oil change from new myself and had my dealer reset it for free in a pinch while the harness was being shipped to me for Partzilla for only $21 CAD. I’m ready to go..

·
Registered
34 Posts
Now we know where the paperclip goes. While resetting mine today, I took a couple of photos. I hope this helps, and saves you $15.00.... HAHA
Paperclip.jpg
color.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lee N thank you as I was looking around trying to figure this out as I got the 100 hr mark on my kq500axi found this site and your posting. Didn't want to go into limp mode out riding and doing oil change did nothing to reset the wrench. Used the paperclip method you described and worked perfectly thank you and now I have the site bookmarked.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts