Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. New to forum but have been lurking for a couple months. Just picked up a 2019 KQ 750 Power Steering SE+ in Bronze on Tuesday. Love the quad and have almost 100 miles on it already. I know how to set the clock but for some reason it keeps resetting it self or switching to a different time?!? I tried setting the clock with the quad running and off with just the key to the ON position. It will keep time for a while but after shutting it off and starting a few times from stopping I noticed it's off. Kind of annoying not having a clock while riding. I checked the battery terminals to make sure they weren't loose and all was good. Any one else with this issue or any solutions? Thanks.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Very odd. I’ve set mine since new, started riding it in May this year, clock has remained stable and keeps time. Instead of trying to figure it out, if you purchased new , take it back to the dealer , you should have a warranty.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would take it back to the dealer but I'm back in CT for work(military) and left the quad at ''home'' in PA. I will try giving them a call tomorrow to see if they had any similar instances.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Called the dealer that I got the quad from. He said he's never heard of that issue but will give Suzuki a call and see if they know anything. He said he might have to just replace the whole display unit. Hopefully I hear something back this week. I'll update if I hear anything.

·
Registered
78 Posts
My 2019 750 eps does the same thing. It is a hassle but I just reset it every few weeks. I would like to know if there's a fix though!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the dealer never called me back since Tuesday but I just got off the phone with them and he said he talked to Suzuki. Suzuki has never heard of this issue and recommended that I drop the ATV off so they can ''check the connections''. I've already checked all connections and battery terminals to make sure that wasn't the issue. I feel like if there was a loose connection other things wouldn't be reading correctly as well. Not sure where to go from here being I'm in CT, will be going home to PA for next weekend but they want to keep to ATV for a couple days to check it out and I planned on bringing it back to CT next weekend when I return. Might just live with it for now and double check things myself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I haven't looked into it yet and the closest suzuki dealer is a 5 hour away so I haven't had time to bring it in yet

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine does the same thing.
Always sets itself to 2:00
BTW I have seen dealers completely deny knowing about some of the most common problems on these things...

·
Registered
170 Posts
BTW I have seen dealers completely deny knowing about some of the most common problems on these things...
Whoa! im a little shocked. F9pro please elaborate. Daved issue is a little different from the rest relating to EPS (and most modified I think ). What other ‘most common problems’ on your 2019 model have you (or anyone else out there ) experienced? How much KMs or miles have you guys put on yours so far? I’m very curious. Mine is pretty much stock . I racked up close to 2000kms on my since I started riding this May and I ain’t done yet. All I’ve done to mine from new Is die electric and rubberized every connection I could get my hands on (including the display harness), wrapped my matte black paint finish in matte black, put good fuel and use Suzuki oil. Oh, I upgraded my tires 2 weeks ago to some HTRs. That it’s and everything works perfectly so far.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now that you mention the 2:00 I'm pretty sure that's the time mine is going to as well. I'll have to take better notice this weekend when I go riding.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Whoa! im a little shocked. F9pro please elaborate. Daved issue is a little different from the rest relating to EPS (and most modified I think ). What other ‘most common problems’ on your 2019 model have you (or anyone else out there ) experienced? How much KMs or miles have you guys put on yours so far? I’m very curious. Mine is pretty much stock . I racked up close to 2000kms on my since I started riding this May and I ain’t done yet. All I’ve done to mine from new Is die electric and rubberized every connection I could get my hands on (including the display harness), wrapped my matte black paint finish in matte black, put good fuel and use Suzuki oil. Oh, I upgraded my tires 2 weeks ago to some HTRs. That it’s and everything works perfectly so far.
I only have 70 miles on mine so far but I noticed the issue with the clock not keeping time almost immediately just driving around the yard a few times. Mine is completely stock.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's completely random when it does it.

Sometimes within a day sometimes within weeks.

But it ALWAYS resets to 2:00

I almost always plug it into a maintenance charger when I'm done riding so the problem is not voltage.

Sometimes I forget and it has sat for 10 days are better without the charger plugged in and the clock still resets.

It has done this since the day it was new I now have 1500 miles on it it, is all stock except for tires and winch....

·
Registered
170 Posts
With the exception of the clock it has been problem-free....
Good that it’s been problem free so far, mine too.

With the clock , I understand it’s hard for some to get it back to the dealers but I would surely take mine back and have them deal with it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I put about 60 miles on this past weekend. Went out Friday for a quick ride and set the clock to the correct time at 3:30. We rode not even 20 minutes later it reset it self to 7:00 I believe because I parked for a few minutes and when I got back on it was reading 7:12. Sunday I rode for almost 4 hours and at 11:56 I set the clock to the correct time and it stayed constant the remainder of the day(stopped probably 5-6 times). Guess it has a mind of its own.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts