Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am wondering if anyone has put on the epi sport utility clutch kit on a 2019? Their website says it only goes up to a 2018 but I’m assuming it will fit a 2019?

·
Registered
8 Posts
The clutching in the 19-20 models are different than the 18 and previous models. The 19-20s use the same weights as the king quad 500 did in past years. You may be able to get away with only buying the yellow secondary. If you have big or heavy tires wheels then get the sheave done by coop when its off. He has done two for me and only one day and its shipped back to me.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The clutching in the 19-20 models are different than the 18 and previous models. The 19-20s use the same weights as the king quad 500 did in past years. You may be able to get away with only buying the yellow secondary. If you have big or heavy tires wheels then get the sheave done by coop when its off. He has done two for me and only one day and its shipped back to me.
How much does coop charge?

·
Registered
716 Posts
A classic 'clutch kit' on a 2019-2020 King Quad 750 is not effectively spent money. The clutch kit included a stronger secondary spring and lighter rollers. An EPI kit also has stringer wet clutch springs.
From 2019 Suzuki altered their roller weight and secondary spring to be pretty much the equal of a clutch kit equipped 2005 - 2018 King Quad. The kit would fit but what's the point?
Stronger wet clutch springs are something I have never been in favor of, they're like a 'poor man's' way to get a faster launch by making the machine have to rev higher to get underway all the time, not just when you are trying for a holeshot. They are also a hindrance to controlled technical riding.
The big advantage is found in the Coop 3+ mod.
JMHO

·
Registered
2006 King Quad 700. 25" Bighorn originals. Highlifter springs. Twin air. Coop 3+. Dalton clutch kit
66 Posts
A classic 'clutch kit' on a 2019-2020 King Quad 750 is not effectively spent money. The clutch kit included a stronger secondary spring and lighter rollers. An EPI kit also has stringer wet clutch springs.
From 2019 Suzuki altered their roller weight and secondary spring to be pretty much the equal of a clutch kit equipped 2005 - 2018 King Quad. The kit would fit but what's the point?
Stronger wet clutch springs are something I have never been in favor of, they're like a 'poor man's' way to get a faster launch by making the machine have to rev higher to get underway all the time, not just when you are trying for a holeshot. They are also a hindrance to controlled technical riding.
The big advantage is found in the Coop 3+ mod.
JMHO
Agreed. I spent 700 bucks on Bighorns and under 200 for the Coop 3+. Top 2 best mods hands down !!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts